Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to keep an eye out on Ebay for a steal of a deal on a Palm Pilot for my PCIIIR, I would like to try and get a Palm m515 with color but I have been told that anything newer than a Palm m505 may not work with the PowerCommander software. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Has anyone run the full version of the Powercommander Software on a PDA that runs WinCE, I am curious if it is compatible.

Thanks,

Easyrider

·
Registered
26 Posts
Easy........The only Palm that will work with your 12 is the older 100 series m105, (Mike Belcher the chief Kahuna at DJ and I have discussed his original s/w program). Even thought the sytems seem to be similar, any other palm or compatible palm software unit will not talk to the PC3R. It will allow donloads from your computer, but it will not interface with the PowerCommander.
You must also buy a special HotSync SERIAL cable for the m105 in order to use your palm, real-time on the bike. I have sent you a pic of the idea set-up for the 12 with the palm Velcro'd to a second metal top plate on the plastic gas tank cover. You can be riding and changing fuel/ignition (all via new map downloads), on the fly. The new maps are accepted immediately with no interuption to the motor. This is an absolutely fabuolous way to fine tune your motor for real-world performance. It will also allow your many readers to better understand their engines.
Cheers,
Cliff

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cliff.

I was told that the newer versions of the Palm OS will run older software, but I guess that is not true. I was hoping to get someone to try running it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Easyrider

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cliff: is it just a matter of a Palm running 3.5 OS or is it the actual older hardware? There are some m105's where people have upgraded to the 4.0 OS, will that not allow it to work?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey Easy, I use a Palm VII w/3.5 & made my own Serial cable.
(Works Great) & It loads maps without any problems what-so-ever.
(I've used it to load maps to other bikes as well.)

What I'd really like to have is a replacement for the "ashtray" that includes a connection for the palm, so I could load the N20 map on the fly. :)

But as far as the newer Palms,??? I've never tried one, however I do have a Casio running CE that I should test the PC3 software with.
(Maybe when I get some extra time!)

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know when you get a chance to check out the software on the WinCE device.

I will add you pics to your page Cliff.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Connect a Windows device to your bike?! I can see it now...rebooting at every stoplight...the LED going blue and having to restart...having to stop by the dealer to get the anti-virus signatures updated in the ECU... :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts