Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so,what was the bike doing that lead up to the replacement.i have 50,000 miles now and i think mines shot.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
if so,what was the bike doing that lead up to the replacement.i have 50,000 miles now and i think mines shot.
TPS will throw a code. No code, no internal damage or unit out of spec to throw a code.

What the bike does is nothing. You would not tell the difference. The code in effect, duplicates itself some-watt.

50K says >>> Compression Test!!! That will tell you something about how that bike feels now. It's a health report. You run a test that says and for easy math; say you have 100 psi in one cylinder. You have 110% in the next. A 10 percent difference is, "rebuild." Look in another book they call for 15% before you tear down. 5%??? You might be complaining now about 10% down. You ride that for another 5% of frustration?

Look how you are about to throw parts at it where there is no thrown code. Compression-Compression-Compression keeps the wallet closed.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um i ran 9.6 in the 1/4 a few weeks ago.i don`t think its weak.i`m checking the tps with a scope on friday with a buddy.even if the tps specs out by the service book it can still have bad windings or segments from what i`m told.i`ll let you guys know what i find out.
( also i tapped on the tps with a screw driver handle and the air/fuel ,bike is running a little better.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
TPS will throw a code. No code, no internal damage or unit out of spec to throw a code.

What the bike does is nothing. You would not tell the difference. The code in effect, duplicates itself some-watt.

50K says >>> Compression Test!!! That will tell you something about how that bike feels now. It's a health report. You run a test that says and for easy math; say you have 100 psi in one cylinder. You have 110% in the next. A 10 percent difference is, "rebuild." Look in another book they call for 15% before you tear down. 5%??? You might be complaining now about 10% down. You ride that for another 5% of frustration?

Look how you are about to throw parts at it where there is no thrown code. Compression-Compression-Compression keeps the wallet closed.
Oh here he goes again with his compression paranoia.......have you been putting sand ditrectly into your carbs ???? No ???? then don't worry about the compression, it is what it is unless you want to do a complete rebuild !

x x x x x

·
Registered
889 Posts
Oh here he goes again with his compression paranoia.......have you been putting sand ditrectly into your carbs ???? No ???? then don't worry about the compression, it is what it is unless you want to do a complete rebuild !

x x x x x

The beauty of the ignore button is it allows you to see Hubz mouth move but you can't hear him speak!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If the spring goes weak, that says delay within so many counts then the dash spikes the code. I've cracked about every code imaginable on the 14. That bike is as generic as a 1999 Hayabusa. Not much has changed in the loop. 16 to 32 bit speed is about all it does is speed up the same event.

We are down to more diagnostics in the deep. Broken wires and sensors on the "raggedge" of going out of spec is still 'within spec.' You need to pull that code out of the hat you keep guessing weak springs and bumps at the sensor and still not one code sent.

This baby spits code like it was 1999. LOLook in the book and see you will not see it but it says it right there in the abstract as per-perfecto does it repeat exactly as stated are the codes.

Gee I don't know? When it comes time to sell my bike, I will close the deal if someone wants a read off a number on a high miler with above average compression. Where is this paranoia coming from? Man, you guys are like the shovellicious crowd.

Geeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa, gggggggeeeeee Haaa. <<< Find my chain lube video, then you'll understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts