Kawasaki World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team,

I've had a good search and read the service manual, but nothing particularly useful popped up....

What's the simplest way to get the headlight fairing off the bike?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Remove both side lowers. Remove the inner panels by the radiator. Right and left. Ram air covers just below tank. Loosen ram air boot clamps at the frame, right and left. Remove mirrors. The nose cone will now pull away. Disconnect head light plugs, turn sigs plugs, city light. Set nose fairing on work bench.

cmg

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
It is, but it's also amazing how used to it you get, on any bike, after so many times of doing it you just go into autopilot and faze out until its done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is, but it's also amazing how used to it you get, on any bike, after so many times of doing it you just go into autopilot and faze out until its done!
Be ready to catch the fairing when you take off the mirrors. Mine hit the ground on the first try.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Be ready to catch the fairing when you take off the mirrors. Mine hit the ground on the first try.
Good point!
I have a screwdriver ready to place in the fairing stay hole for the mirrors, once I remove the first mirror I put the screwdriver in there, it helps hold the fairing till I'm ready to take it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts