Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12 is running like a harley on one lung...... Ok maybe not quite that slow..... Got a question.....

1. What/how do I do the resisitor mod as I may lose the Powercommander tomorrow and don't want to lean out on the bottle???

2.Where is it located or part number for it so I can track it on fische????

Need pics or VERY SIMPLE explanation.....

My 12 from 5 to 9 or 10,000 Rpms is VERY sick...
Tomorrow I will.... In order to find the trouble..

1. Clean air filters...
2. Pull PC3R...
3.Monster snorkle...
4. Plug check...

This list should fix it......

I want my monster running like one.........

Thanxxxxx In advance guys.....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Did this like just happen? i.e: yesterday fine today running like shit?

If so, I think you can safely rule out 3 of the 4 you listed... :wink:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blitzkrieg said:
Did this like just happen? i.e: yesterday fine today running like shit?

If so, I think you can safely rule out 3 of the 4 you listed... :wink:
Thats why its number 2 on the list.... Never hurts to clean the filters... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is what happens when you mess with Mother Nature!!!!

Bert :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Should have been numero uno, not???? :lol: :lol:

I am kidding Rich, Really, I am kidding..... :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blitzkrieg said:
Should have been numero uno, not???? :lol: :lol:

I am kidding Rich, Really, I am kidding..... :lol:
Oh I definitly agree... Its just the filters are easy to get to on the way to the PC3R... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You know that my mechanicing on Mals bike this year cost him 2 (two) Tonys T-Bones last Saturday night... :lol:

I'll hold all future posts on this thread until I am sure that you will, at some point, actually come to Denver and buy me a steak.

Sorry. Its tough love. :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok heres you go......

1. When power commander is on.... The bike runs like hammered dogshit... Will not pull hard all the way to redline... Has surging in it between 5 to 11 grand....

2. With power commander off.... She rips hard all the way to redline..... :D :D :D

Would that be a power commander issue.... Why yes it would.... A call to Dynojet monday morning is in order.... Here we go again.............

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Just for grins, did you make sure the map wasn't corrupted?

I don't remember who it was here on the site, but someone actually had a map go bad. When you view it, you will see jibberish lik ^U ?L in the map sectors.

Ask the people at DJ if they ever visit this site - I think PC3R has been failing WAY too much, and I'd like them to know that we are made as hell, and are not gonna take it anymore.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The way I see it is if the map went bad it still is pc failure to me for not holding the map... I just pulled it off... I don't have access to getting the bike to my pc.... This is something I shouldn't have to worry about as a customer..... I rip'em if they don't work with me.... They know they are failing.....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You might mention this site has over 900 members, and we want some answers. Some real answers.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanxxxx Wayne I have always been able to count on you..... I now have them in hand.....

A couple questions.... How long they last???? What should I notice when they go bad?????
5 for a buck what a deal....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Hey, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes - ya gonna clue us in, or keep speaking in cryptogram????? :?: :?:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked the flux capacitor and all is well.... But getting to the piece in question is going to be tuff any suggestions???? Is there an easy way to get to it.... Looks like it might require small japanese hands....

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
zx12richard said:
Ok heres you go......

1. When power commander is on.... The bike runs like hammered dogshit... Will not pull hard all the way to redline... Has surging in it between 5 to 11 grand....

2. With power commander off.... She rips hard all the way to redline..... :D :D :D

Would that be a power commander issue.... Why yes it would.... A call to Dynojet monday morning is in order.... Here we go again.............

Junk that piece of crap and get a Yoshimura Box.

Maybe we need to get a Group Buy going or something and try to get a price break..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I extended the wire to make it easier, the resistor should not go bad I have the same one for a couple years now. It should get rid of your idle problem too so if your idle goes back the way it was then it might be gone but should last.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts