Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My riding buddies invited me for a 200 plus mile ride the other day. Had to turn them down because my old elbows and arms get a little bit sore after 50-plus miles on the ZX12 with stock bars. Do you guys know of any used helibars or a suitable alternative? As always I appreciate the excellent guidance on this forum.

By the way I love this Kawasaki so much I sold my two Vintage Yamahas 馃檪

Registered
There was a similar topic a while ago, I remember helibars being hard to find these days. What about a superbike handlebar? Those are plenty to find and most come with a new longer brakeline.

Registered
Same here, I need to do something to get higher bars. How about getting some of this style bar raisers and mounting them below the top yoke/triple - has anyone tried it? Might have to cut back the old mounts perhaps.

Attachments

Registered
Aren鈥檛 helibars for suzuki hayabusas readily available? They look easily adaptable.
Small modifications might be all that鈥檚 necessary.

Thinking about it, a welding shop could easily turn your stock ones into a riser just like the heli.
Then you could raise them where you want them.
Just my 2cents. 馃檪

cmg

Super Moderator
Aren鈥檛 helibars for suzuki hayabusas readily available? They look easily adaptable.

cmg
Apparently they do work with slight mods...

Registered

Thinking about it, a welding shop could easily turn your stock ones into a riser just like the heli.
Just my 2cents. 馃檪

cmg
I like the idea - could just cut the stock bars and add in a piece of flat metal to make them offset. Has anyone seen a set of 12R helibars? It would be so useful to know how far they are staggered by. Wouldn't want to chop and weld them then find they hit the fairing etc.

Registered
I have a set on mine. Would be happy to post pics.

Just my 2cents. 馃檪

cmg
I like the idea - could just cut the stock bars and add in a piece of flat metal to make them offset. Has anyone seen a set of 12R helibars? It would be so useful to know how far they are staggered by. Wouldn't want to chop and weld them then find they hit the fairing etc.

Registered
Thanks, that's really useful, I didn't realise they are angled back as well as up. Any idea why there is the second set of dimensions in brackets?

Registered
Second set is compared to the originals. If you were starting from scratch, you could mock up the originals and then make the adjustments from there.

Thought about selling mine, but they are far too comfortable.

Super Moderator
Thanks, that's really useful, I didn't realise they are angled back as well as up. Any idea why there is the second set of dimensions in brackets?
There were 2 versions.
In brackets is the difference between v1 and v2

Registered
Thanks, that's all useful info, cheers.

I'm away for a week or 2 now, I'll look into this further when I get back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts