Kawasaki World banner

Helibars or Spiegler for my 2000 ZX9-R?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ninerrider01 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a 2000 ZX9-R. I'm short at 5' 6'' so I'd like to drop the bike and get some higher bars.

Looks like my best options are the Helibars or the Spiegler conversion kit. I like the look of the Spiegler, but I can't tell for certain from their website if I need to cut my fairings and/or windscreen.

Anybody have any experience with installing the Spieglers on their ZX9?

Or, anybody have any experience to relate on how they like their Helibars and how the install went?

Thanks!

Matt

#2 ·
I have the Spiegler conversion kit for the 2003 model. I purchased it second hand from someone who had it installed on his bike. I also purchased his trimmed fairing upper. For the 2003 you definitely need to trim the fairing upper and windscreen. The Spieglerusa website indicates the same is necessary for the 2000 model.

I haven’t installed the Speigler on my bike because I am still using my Helibars. They install identically to the stock bars. My Helibars, as I recall, are approximately 1 inch higher than stock. Although not a huge change, they do greatly improve comfort while requiring no fairing, windscreen or steering stop modifications.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.