Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone inform myself of the throtle position sensor settings on a 2003 zx12r please ?
id apreciate both standard and the moddified settings if possible guys please .
many thanks and have great x mas and new years guys

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Which model 12 is it, as year may not be accurate, because I'm sure there was a voltage change between B2 and B3, and if i give you the wrong one you'll be swearing at the bike or calling me a cock. :lol:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
id apreciate both standard and the moddified settings if possible guys please...
The theory goes something like this. I have a large box on the floor. It's square. I lay another box on top with the same dimensions. If both line up, this is equal signals of input, the tps is in line with factory specs.

It makes no difference about voltage input, it is how the top box (tps slot position) is moved off of that square to square [wave].

You move that tps in that narrow slot, it's like moving the top box over or past square to square. This creates a different wave input and the whole point of the slot is to line up box to box.

By offsetting the signals, this gives another input to the ECU. It then calculates another output signal where you might swing out of spec, cause the dash to send you some check engine light, the tps has a problem.

So this slight mod is to move the tps to the tipping point of not setting off the code on the dash. You moved out of spec when it codes. So there is a certain balanced signal, or it codes and now you look for the 3 variables like: "signal out of range-short to ground-or open."

It's that simple a mod. So say the light goes on fandango. All you do is move the tps back [in very small increments] and wait. Have the key on only. Doing this is to watch the dash signal go out. It takes a few seconds of pings, because the ECU is constantly monitoring the correct ping every second from every sensor or she codes and goes into back-up: you never felt it happen on the road.

When the throttle plates move, the tps signal can happen early or late. My move would be to make the event happen sooner, so I'd move the tps to trigger faster by twisting ccw. I move it cw, she signals too late the throttle plates open sooner. Make sense?

I'd also move the subthrottle equally too. Both are moved [up to] the raggedge of coding themselves. Get it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts