Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<CLUNK>>..that's the sound I was hearing whenever I applied my rear brake. I had my bike up on the stands yesterday and realised where the sound was coming from. The bracket that allows the rear brake caliper to slide foward and back during chain adjustments seems to have developed slop in it. When I apply the rear brake the entire caliper rotates foward about 1/16th of an inch. Has anyone else experienced this?

I just turned 6,000 miles on my bike and it seems kinda premature for this kind of wear. Any input you guys have on this is appreciated.

·
4,208 Posts
Did you check to see if the rear caliper bracket may not be in the slot?....there is a slot and grove on the swingarm and bracket that have to inter lock inorder to prevent movement....Easy to miss during a tire change .....

Brian

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EPSTEIN said:
Did you check to see if the rear caliper bracket may not be in the slot?....there is a slot and grove on the swingarm and bracket that have to inter lock inorder to prevent movement....Easy to miss during a tire change .....

Brian
Yeah it's sitting properly in the slot. My rear tire was off is over 2,000 miles ago and it just started clunking within the last 30-40 miles. Guess I'll tear it apart and see what I find.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Greenmamba1 is on to something, loosen up everything to do with the rear tire, check that all is in place and retighten everything back up. It could be that something has slipped out of place. Also the rear caliper is suppose to have a little movement just not to extreem. HAve a friend take a 2nd look if nothing stands out for you.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I would also check that side wheel bearing... Brake side tends to go first.... Least on mine..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts