Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a yellow box and how hard is it install. Any tips or pointers. Will this calibrate my odometer. I'm not to concern with the speed correction. I'm usually going to fast to look anyway.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Then you don't even want a yellow box.... It is for speedo correction... You want the Bonneville box for derestriction..... Yellow box is an easy install though.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that the bonneville box was for top speed restrictions and the yellow box could be used for speedo or odometer error due to gear changing. How do you install it anyway.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought the Yellow box also got rid of the speed restrictor as it made the computerthink it was going slower than it really was. Is this not true? ...Rizzo

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
It will work for that but its main purpose was speedo compensation.... The Bonneville box remove the restriction on the 12.... I would buy both if it was me so I wouldn't put unwanted miles on the bike from the speedo reading way wrong...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just curious Richard but why would you buy both if the Yellow box already does the same thing as the Bonneville. Is'nt that kind of wasting money on the Bonneville if you plan on buying the Yellow Box anyway?....Rizzo

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
See thats the BIGGEST misconseption there is everyone thinks they are the same they are not.......

Yellow box is for speedo correction with gear changes and stuff.... You can use it to lie to the computer and surpass 186 limiter on the 12 BUT THE SPEEDO WILL READ WAY WRONG....

The Bonne box is a derestriction device.. Thats what it is made to do... Does not effect the speedo.....

If you derestrict it with the Bonne box and use the yellow box for speedo correction you can be derestricted and have a correct speedo.......

Otherwise you can be derestricted and have the speedo reading 40 MPH off.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts