Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 01 zx12r a few weeks ago and it came with with full Akrapovic exhaust and a Yoshimura ems with the three position tuning switch on the handle bars. The po said it had good/safe tunes on it but I dont trust him without seeing the maps, the problem is I dont have the software or the tuning cable. I called Yoshimura and the rep told me they no longer sell this ems or software so I guess Im sol unless someone here can help me out.

Im about to just get a power commander and have it tuned by a pro but I wanted to give this ems a try first. If anyone has the software/cable or any knowlage of this system please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
I bought my 01 zx12r a few weeks ago and it came with with full Akrapovic exhaust and a Yoshimura ems with the three position tuning switch on the handle bars. The po said it had good/safe tunes on it but I dont trust him without seeing the maps, the problem is I dont have the software or the tuning cable. I called Yoshimura and the rep told me they no longer sell this ems or software so I guess Im sol unless someone here can help me out.

Im about to just get a power commander and have it tuned by a pro but I wanted to give this ems a try first. If anyone has the software/cable or any knowlage of this system please let me know.

Thanks
Kinda sucks that Yosh wasn't any more helpful than that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it :/

This is the reply I got after the rep researched it for me:

"Hello,
Unfortunately, we do not have the EMS software available anymore. The EMS has been discontinued for some time and due to EPA regulations we no longer have this information available. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Travish, did You solve this issue? Im really curious how this EMS perform.
Im waiting on a laptop but I have the software now. From what I read its a great system, very tunable and easy to use. The tunes on it now seem to be fine, the bike pulls hard and is smooth but I feel like these tunes are pretty conservative so I cant wait to get some dyno time in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts