Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Heyyyyy Otis.. No not as of yesterday. I am going to call them this afternoon to check on progress. How was the trip?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was incredible. Did 800+ miles of nothing but twisties. You should see my front tire, it had maybe 1000 miles on it b4 I left. Now it's toast, the left side still has a little tread, maybe 2mm but on the right side there is about a 2inch strip around the tire where there is NO tread. I had the new rear put on b4 I left so it didn't have any miles on it but now I may get another 500 out of it, if I'm lucky. It was a blast, you should come with us next May.

·
Registered
142 Posts
YNOT...

You gotta go!!! I've been there twice and I hope to go with the guys from one of the boards next time. Like Otis said, just make sure you have good tires before you leave because they will be ate up when you get back. Those roads are almost as hard on tires as track days. If you think about it, it's probably harder on them because you're putting on way more miles!!!

Peace

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a pic of what the Deals Gap area will do to your tires. This is from Harry's bike, he had 1000 miles on this rear before he came to the Gap. Notice the center of the tire still has plenty of tread. We do nothing down there but lean!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I cant see the pict... Maybe at home I will.. I spoke with Derek and he said they are just waiting on the spring from the zx9 and I will be all set. Hopefully it will come in today or tomorrow!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ONe of the first things I did to my 12 when the clutch problems began popping up was change my clutch springs. I'm sure the weak 12 springs contributed to your problem.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Tony

Get the muzzy spring's, About the same price and will work awesome. Tony also have em drill the extra hole's in basket while it's out.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Outlaw Kawasaki actually told them to drill more holes in the basket. I didn't even need to.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kawi's warranty won't pay for Muzzy springs and to be honest there really isn't much different. I put the ZX-6R spings in mine and the difference was AMAZING. Your going to have a stronger pull at the lever Tony and a huge difference in the strength of engagement.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Otis.. That's all they are waiting on.. He said once he receives the spring I will be back riding! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts