Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and to the 14r, had a 12r and busa. Recently moved to a 14r 2014 performance sport edition. Stock except for a h&m quick shifter. 6000 miles.
For the last couple of weeks, while riding along at constant load, the bike will fall into this studder that almost feels like its running with a foul plug. The traction control and FI light will be on. And the power and traction control indicator on the LCD will blank out. Pls see picture :runaway:
Randomly while at the same instance, it will clear out and run strongly.
At other times, when there isn't a FI light showing, it doesn't pull with the same authority , it feels weaker than usual. Adding more throttle doesn't help.
It starts well but sounds like a triumph triple if its in that state.
If it clears up, its the creamy inline 4 its meant to be.
Here in singapore, fuel is clean. Octane is 98.
Any pointers for a newbie? Thanks in advance...:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Sounds like it is shifter related. That HM unit intercepts the coils, right?

If so, remove the connections at the coils, disable, and test. A bike will stutter from intermittent ignition, or run cleanly and low power on 3 cyls.

A bad coil signal usually will throw a code on A Gen1. But on a Gen2 I am not certain of the response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shane,
Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll try disabling the hm loom and check it out. I'll update here too so others might benefit if they got the same issue =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts