Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the road right after work today and jumped onto my usual long, straight piece of country tarmac and pushed up to 155mph (via speedo). That's my new personal best.....I know the bike is worth about 186mph, so, maybe next week I'll see how 160 feels. I think I'm going to need a hammer and chisel for the bugs on the fairing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bert

·
Registered
619 Posts
CONGRATS.....WRING ITS NECK! :shock: CAREFUL AFTER 180....WHEN THE BOTTOM FALLS OUT @ 186 ITS NOT PLEASANT.....CW

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
CW98CI said:
CONGRATS.....WRING ITS NECK! :shock: CAREFUL AFTER 180....WHEN THE BOTTOM FALLS OUT @ 186 ITS NOT PLEASANT.....CW
That's the only way (before the GPS) I knew how fast I was going. At that speed, I'm too chicken shit to look at the lying speedo! :shock: :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ya know it has 6 gears, shift up to fourth sometime.. 155 my moped from high school could do that!!! :lol:
Seriously, I have only had my '02 to 160-165 where a headshake set in and I have not had the nads to do it again. It is funny, I have had it to 140-155 area so many times and is rock solid but that time it just started shaking the bars. Maybe next year I will go for more, need to find a smoother road to do it on, not sure if the expansion joints on the concrete road may have had something to do with it. :roll:
Either way it is one hell of a rush, what really tickles me is in this cool fall air (60's) how hard this beast pulls from 90-130 in high gear.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrates Bobster, I had mine up to a speedo indicated 180 a few weeks ago. Don't know what that is in actual speed. I only looked down quickly. Sat up until an indicated 150 mph long enough to pass my buddy on his topped out 2002 ZRX-12 before tucking in & really screwing on the throttle. What a rush. Pulled my first ever triple digit wheelie that same day by accident in a race with an older modified 1000 ninja. He was impressed, I was surprised. Wasn't as bad as I had imagined as we were going so fast the bike was totally stable & straight on the back wheel. Only came up about 18" inches or so according to the other ninja rider. The empty roads in Wyo. are great for that kind of stuff. :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
ORV, perhaps your front wheel is out of balance? Just a thought. I had a new
front tyre put on my zx7r and the dude didn't balance it right and I had a vibration come on at 100mph. It doesn't take much to cause a vibe/shake, especially at the speed you are talking about.
Might be worth looking into?

psych

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had my 02 up to 280 kmh (about 175mph) and this was done on a pretty smooth road and tucked in tightly behind the double bubble so no real head shake unless I try and sit up. :shock:

Does anyone know what distance it takes to get this baby topped out. Mine seems to be feeling a little tapped out at 175mph. Is this normal or am I in the wrong gear. :?:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I was just about to start the bike up yesterday and leave a store parking lot when young guy walks up to me and this is what was said

He says " How fast have you had it?"

I say " I'm not sure....."

he says "I've had my SRAD 600 to 130 "

I say " I've never looked down after I passed 165" :twisted: :twisted:

he wants to know what I have done to it....

I lie and say " Not much " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
619 Posts
he says "I've had my SRAD 600 to 130 " 130 IS ABOUT WHEN I PUT MY HEAD DOWN :lol: :lol: :lol: CW

·
Registered
561 Posts
I can tell you that in less than 1/4 mile most are running around 140mph,from a dead stop, I would have to guess that you could top out in less than a mile????? Like stated above, I usually stop looking at the speedo, much less the friggin' odometer... around 190-200 mark :twisted: ( on the speedo) but in my perf. vision, I know its been buried at 220.... :shock: <---- thats what you look like
Gonna get a GPS box really soon to see whats what... :?

I have to add, that at the upper limits, things seem to get really calm....
that is: chest on tank, arms tucked in, wearing tight leathers < loose ones flap alot >, gloves, boots, etc... oh and knees damn near touching < yes,I know the tank is in-between them, but its feels like it anyways >

AGAIN, as a disclaimer... the above is totally fictional and I would never
ever do this on a public road. :roll: ( but then again, is a TOLLWAY public, I mean you do have to pay to race, I mean ride, there... :lol: )

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Above about (a real) 155 you sit still and things move really fast around you.

It's almost surreal in affect. Even the bike seems to move in slow motion.

Just a dream I had one day.....

LOL... :twisted:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Checked my speedo against the police radar wagon the same day I talked to the "SRAD 600" guy. Indicated speedometer 55 mph, radar wagon 55.
Must have the yellow box pretty close :D
Going to still get a GPS fairly soon anyways :twisted:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I commute to work daily. Twenty five miles in each direction. Traffic in the morning is usually pretty heavy. But it is much lighter in the afternoon. But every day I run a 2.5 mile stretch at 120. There is plenty of room to go much faster, but after all I'm just going home from work. :) The second section is shorter maybe a mile but there are 4 very fast sweepers. I take these at 90 to 100 and the chicken strips on my rear tire are almost non-existent. By the time I get home, I've relieved most the stress I've built up during the day. :D I wonder if I could write the cost of the 12 off my taxes as a therputic workout. :wink:

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
I have a friend that is a cop... that wanted to feel what it was like to bust
200mph...so I said let's go...early Sunday morning I broke out the beast.
He was being his usual cocky self...you know cops, and so I thought
what the hell, I'll give him the full ride...so we warmed up the drivetrain,
and fluids, tires, etc...and then we hit a 10 mile section of dead
straight I-95...no cars in sight...so I took her up to 200, held it there
for about 3 seconds, and poured in the second set of 4 barrels. Well
at that speed you don't look over to see how the 'ol friend is doing,
you just assume he's having a blast.

Well...I gues about the time we broke 235 mph he lost it, and I had no
clue he wasn't doing too well....he puked and pissed at about the same
time, and all I saw in my center mirror was all this stuff flying out of the
cockpit...I thought we blew a radiator hose or something, and here he
was blowing chunks!!!!

I shut it down pretty quick thinking we had a mechanical failure, only
to find the right side of the car a mess...

I have to say it was cool to see a big ass cop... cry, piss, and puke all
at the same time!!! He never lets me tell the story without getting
pissed, but we laugh about it all the time...

All I have to say is, "Ray, wanna ride?"

I just had to share that funny moment with all of us that love speed...!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts