Kawasaki World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
One of my favourites,
YouTube - CRAZY ZX 12 BY NICK ATTIKI ODOS 2003
Bit of a death wish but still good to watch.
...brings back memories of the old days on my gsxr-1100. Back then on a bike i was one sick fuck! Cracking wheelies past the local cop shop, doing 160-170mph through radar traps ect. This was also when radar detectors were legal around here, which was my best friend back then. The local cops even had a bet going, as to who would be the one to get my license. They were not successful. Good times, good times.:lol:

·
Registered
800 Posts
...brings back memories of the old days on my gsxr-1100. Back then on a bike i was one sick fuck! Cracking wheelies past the local cop shop, doing 160-170mph through radar traps ect. This was also when radar detectors were legal around here, which was my best friend back then. The local cops even had a bet going, as to who would be the one to get my license. They were not successful. Good times, good times.:lol:

did your 11 look like mine speed:thumbup:

i loved mine but as for 170mph hmmm are you sure:evil:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
did your 11 look like mine speed:thumbup:

i loved mine but as for 170mph hmmm are you sure:evil:

...mine was red and blue. If you recall the exaust on the 86-87 gsxr-1100 was one of the most restricted pieces ever put on a bike. Redline was 10,500 with the limiter kicking in at 11,000. The stock top speed was 260kph (162 mph). On my bike stock, it would not pull past 10,100 in top gear. Just putting on a pipe raised the top speed to 270kph. A set of aftermarket smoothbore carbs with filters allowed it to pull right to the limiter 11,000 in top gear, giving an extra 900rpm over stock and showing 280kph (175mph). Also i had read several times back then that the speedometer on the 86-87 gsxr-1100 was quite accurate, only being off 3%. The end result is an honest 170mph. In my opinion the 86 gsxr-1100 is the bike that set in motion the light weight-high horsepower- great handling push, and raised the performance bar in the sport bike world, even more so than the 01 gsxr1000.

·
Registered
800 Posts
they were rather good weren't they:thumbup:

mine was resprayed but i got some transfers in oe style to keep it looking right

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
they were rather good weren't they:thumbup:

mine was resprayed but i got some transfers in oe style to keep it looking right
...awesome bike lonner! I don't know if you will agree with me but i found that the gsxr-1100 had tons of torque down low. In fact under 4500 felt stronger than the zx12r. I put 70,000km( 42,000 miles) of the hardest miles imaginable on that beast without one single problem from the engine. Went through about 10 clutches in that time period. The transmission...well that was another story. Had to have 2nd gear fixed twice. That bike provided me tons of thrills.:thumbup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
...awesome bike lonner! I don't know if you will agree with me but i found that the gsxr-1100 had tons of torque down low. In fact under 4500 felt stronger than the zx12r. I put 70,000km( 42,000 miles) of the hardest miles imaginable on that beast without one single problem from the engine. Went through about 10 clutches in that time period. The transmission...well that was another story. Had to have 2nd gear fixed twice. That bike provided me tons of thrills.:thumbup:

i agree totally i loved mine and had it for over 2 yrs which is a record for me and sold it with 24k miles so i did about 17k on it.

the press said they dont handle that well but i never thought that it was just amazing after this cbr 1000.

it just fitted me perfect and i loved the way it shook its head and lifted the front with ease:evil:it was a demon bike and as good a motor ever fitted to a bike back then and its still in use with the bandits:thumbup:

couple of other bikes i had and liked too.

my fz750 f as f that was

my brand new cbr6 (only new bike i ever bought)

and me on terry rymers bike in 92 (with hair)lol

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Bonneville:

Maxton Mile:

Ummmm:

·
Registered
120 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts