Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to post a picture but not a video. Do you need a host for the video and who should I use? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Yeah, you need somebody to host it. The problem is that they are usually quite large. I'm thinking of putting up an FTP server @ home on my DSL connection soon. Pending some testing, like stability of the IP address, I'll offer up some space for you guys.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The file won't be outrageously large, it is a video clip thats maybe 10 seconds long. I'm just not sure where I can post it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
don't you have webspace with your internet service provider? generally you get about 10mb free which should be enough for a short video clip!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although I would consider myself better than average when it comes to computers, it would take a NASA scientist to figure out how to post on my ISP. Even the ISPs tech people can't figure it out and I have spent hours with them trying. It is a new cable internet service and they just got up and running a few month ago. In this area, I am surrounded by redneck hillbillies and fishheads. When you call for their tech department, they have to go get the guy off his tractor and then you need a degree in redneck dialect to even understand him. Frustrating to say the least but that is the price you pay to live in paradise.

Can I post it to MSN communities? I know I can post pics but I wonder about video. I'll play with it tonight and see if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I can Host It For You Workman

Hey workman if you want me to I can host the video for you. I'm using my school account to host all my pictures that are on here. They give me 100MB of online storage so it won't be a problem. The servers are very stable and fast. Let me know if you want to by emailing at: [email protected] THanks, Mike

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Workman said:
When you call for their tech department, they have to go get the guy off his tractor and then you need a degree in redneck dialect to even understand him.
ROFLMAO....I thought you were in NC for a minute there :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts