Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may seem petty but I'm having a problem, tonight will be the 5th night in a row that some one has stolen a political sign from my front yard.. I'm expecting it again as its been 4 nights in a row now. Not big financial loss but each sign did cost me $20.. so I'm at $80 in stolen signs already.. I'm frustrated and feel violated.. I believe they see it as a game.. tonight it becomes a game I win.. I'm laying in wait tonight my question is what rights do I have to stop a thief on my property? Calling the cops before I have them subdued is moronic he isnt going to wait around for 20 minutes for mr. Sherrif to show up. I'm in FL if that matters at all I'm always well armed (CCW) but hopefully that will never even come into play but Ill be damned if Im goign to let some one keep violating my property. I intend to press every charge I can and fallow it through 100% I want a thief to be known as a thief, I want future employers to know who they are looking at hiring.. I dont know if im to expect a school kid or a 50 something who dont agree with my political views.. My biggest concern is, if they are steeling these signs out of political aggression, my vehicle is a rolling billboard for this hopeful. If this escalates whos to say my car isnt the next target. Question is what rights and how far can I go to detain him for the police?

·
Read Only
1,445 Posts
Obviously, if you are a Florida CCW permit holder, you are not a supporter for Hitlery. So, my suggestion......whatever the sign is made of, i.e. solid plastic or metal, file the edges sharp to give the theif something to grab onto. That will teach them, and it is not like you are taping on razorblades.

·
8,537 Posts
may I suggest:

or a few of thes scattered around the perimeter of you signage?

Seriously, I would file a complaint with the police and then set up a camera to protect yourself. Bringing a handgun into this may be a bit of overkill. Make sure its well lighted.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL this was a while back now, I actually sat in the car all night.. with my sidearm, a couple extra clips, a police baton, camcorder, and a MAP gas torch, don't ask just leave it at I wanted to make it memorable to steal from me. Anyhow whoever it was must have noticed me sitting in the car, because nothing happened that night.. or actually any night since.. so I'm assuming I made my point..

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
What's happening to you happened here in Tampa around the last election. The owner of the signs used a hidden video camera and caught the neighbor on tape. Showed it to the police..... neighbor got arrested, fined and ended up on the local news....... Priceless!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I was going to video tape it then post signs in our neighborhood about them being a thief with their address, and his photo with a web address where you can see the video.. Public humiliation will get these people more than anything. You know Beware you a thief lives amongst us..

·
Registered
484 Posts
20+ hits from a paintball gun with pellets fresh outta da freezer would be fun too! Just wait on the side of the house, put some dry ice in a cooler with the paintball gun and have it at the ready. Anything looks suspicious....pull it outta da cooler. When they grab the sighn....start shoot'n....that shit will HURT like a MOFO!! Just aim BELOW the face. WR

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I'll bet there's no DA's that will press charges for assault if you were to do that, but i'll also bet there's no shortage of accident / injury attorneys that would sue you with no fee's unless they win, and I think they'd win in most states, especially where I live, CA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what was political sign? it was very big effect with your life ? police can't conquer them ?it sounds terriblely .it was the policeman's responsibility. what ever ,they must conquer the thief .

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Obviously, if you are a Florida CCW permit holder, you are not a supporter for Hitlery. So, my suggestion......whatever the sign is made of, i.e. solid plastic or metal, file the edges sharp to give the theif something to grab onto. That will teach them, and it is not like you are taping on razorblades.
+1.

This was about 25 years ago but I had a friend that moved into a new apartment. It was in a nice area but as we know apartment parking lots are AKA as thieve Wal-Marts.

His Dad had given him a decent Chevy pickup and he had a nice stereo.

Like a week after he moved in there he came out to go to work on a Sunday morning and doors open, DS window gone and stereo gone.

Insurance fixed everything and not 2 weeks later same damn thing.

He was beyond pissed at this point. Insurance fixed everything again but he added a little insurance.

He took a 1x4 plank of and cut horizontals in it and glued razor blades in and then stuck it up under the dash where these punks were reaching up to undo the stereo.

Sure enough, 3 or so weeks later he comes out, window broken, stereo intact and blood all over the place.

This time he didn't call the cops. ;-)

True story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts