Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might seem pretty basic to some of you.. but I hope it can save some time for anyone seeing these problems with the Huge industries blinkers.

Pics are woth a thousand words but unfortunately I dont have a digital camera.

After replaceing a burnt out bulb on the FWD right side of my 12 I noticed that the same side (both front and back) was not blinking, indicating to me short in the circuit. I dismantled the blinker and noticed that the "cup" that holds the bulb had started to cut into the marker wires causing the short(this is at the base of the "cup" where the wires feed through). I dismantled and de-solderes the "cup", trimmed back about 1/2 an inch of wire and resoldered everything back together.

After I tested the blinker on the bike (read acid test). It displayed a inconsistancy in blink rate... I.E. from 2 blinks a second to four blinks a second.

Major...this is what I believe you described in another thread.

What I found there is that if the wires are reversed in the "cup" both filliaments come on for about 1-6 blinks, then only one filament comes on, reducing the load to the circut and causing a faster blinking rate. By putting the wires in there correct order, this problem is fixed and the correct rate of flash is consistant (about 2 blinks per second)

Note: the LP bulbs that fit these blinkers can only go in ONE WAY.

I hope this helps anyone that has seen these problems. If you need a little more info please IM/PM me, or e-mail me at

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'm gonna tag this one for the archives.... If you see it gone in a couple of days, thats where it be!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts