Kawasaki World banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is a design problem money won't fix.

Long rod thru engine:

1. Punch a hole in the mainshaft so you can get a rod down to the back of the pressure plate.
2. Have a pressure plate made or find the same maker's pressure plate that uses a liquid lever. Maybe it will bolt up?
3. If you punched the freeze plug out of the mainshaft, that was part of the oil pressure stopper so the freewheelers on the shaft are lubed. Maybe you'll get away with the rod being there or seal that end up with a machined housing of $ome $ort?
4. Machine and weld a slave cylinder to the outer chain cover. You may have to remove the chain cover, copy the bolt pattern and then bolt on the slave cylinder for the rod needs to be pushed.
5. Run a hose up to the new liquid lever off some bike?

Rod on the pressure plate side:

A. Say the chain side or going thru the mainshaft that way is a PITA. Run the slave cylinder on the clutch cover.
B. Since the pressure plate can be pulled away with an arm coming off the top and out of the clutch housing, you'll need to find a way to design the pressure plate to be pulled instead.
C. Bring lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

OR????

You can lube the cable and adapt to the bike like a man, or $quid-ON Some Liquid $etup. Show us pics of the progress!
On ya Hubz!

·
Registered
280 Posts
lets invent one. How about a simple hydrualic lever like the brake side, that the cluth cable connects too right at the master cylinder. then it will fit all cable type bikes without all the extra crap

·
Registered
18,727 Posts
Why would you want to do that? A cable is much better than a hydraulic clutch. You ever had a hydraulic clutch slave go out on you 100 miles from civilization? Good luck shifting the bike after that. You walkin. I've clutched my 12 many times with my foot! Lets see you do that with a hydraulic clutch....

Juss sayin....a cable, imo, is far more reliable than a hydraulic clutch. Plus, a hydraulic clutch is too "easy" to pull. There's no real motor feel in the lever...or so has been my experience.......

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts