Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can`t fucking believe it..I blew my 2000 zx12r up 2 months ago.I have been looking for an engine ever since.There are none to be bought for the most part.So 2 weeks ago I find an 2003 out of florida for 1100 bucks shipped. 12k miles ,no stator or cover.No big deal.It will be here tuesday. I don`t know why but i have still been looking for zx12 engines.I just can`t believe there are none really for sale. 2 days ago BAM an auction popped up for this brand new engine with 0 fucking miles.It has to be the only in the world for sale with 0 miles.I though long and hard how much is it worth to me. I remember muzzy selling new zx12r create engines for 5000 bucks. No throttle bodies. So I enter 2500 bucks and got it for 2250 bucks.Lots of pics of it.Inside the exhaust ports and valve stems are new metal.... ...........THANK YOU GOD................

·
Registered
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dwarf car guys have used up alot of 12 motors....You got lucky!
I know and I hate those fuckers.fuck them all.Jackoffs

·
Registered
805 Posts
Now THAt is a excellent find!!! Post up some pics when you can...will surely be drooling all over my keyboard!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Great find! You will have to do a few mods to get that to fit your 2000. The mounting at the cylinder head is different, and I think you may have to make an adjustment to the cam position sensor. KZScott can give you the details, he has done the head swap. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I can believe it. Now, that's 3 engines, or 2 and 1/2? If you knew you could rebuild the used engine, why light up the new engine and do what, blow that one up? The rebuilt would be worth money and if it held together, you could sell the new one over again. Kind of like your motoGP engine allotment.

And ohshit I just thought of that no stator on the used one is a crash to the crank end. So if the rotor looks shaved on one side = Possible bent crank.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can believe it. Now, that's 3 engines, or 2 and 1/2? If you knew you could rebuild the used engine, why light up the new engine and do what, blow that one up? The rebuilt would be worth money and if it held together, you could sell the new one over again. Kind of like your motogp engine allotment.

And ohshit i just thought of that no stator on the used one is a crash to the crank end. So if the rotor looks shaved on one side = possible bent crank.
never mind.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what that means Hubz, but I am sure you do. :)

Congrats on the purchase Mark. Zero miles for a little over $2k? Not bad IMO.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what that means Hubz, but I am sure you do. :)
1. Original engine
2. Used engine
3. New engine

1 = Is a complete engine is the mix of 1&2.

2 = Is the new engine ready to be blown up, if the rebuild has a short fuse.

1/2 = The original and what was picked from the used engine is more like spare parts left over.

So an engine sold without a stator says crashed? Why is the engine being sold? Bent frame and front end and slammed hard on the ground? So if the crank is bent from an assumed crash? I have no clue of the extent of the OP's engine? Does he need a case? That says the crank is bad as well. Did he just burn a rod to the crank? Then here is the used crank in suspect.

Year fucked either way with all the mods needed to plug in a different year engine is it?

Book values rounded out:
$3700.00 is retail {in pristine shape or close to it and there on down goes the price. What shape is yours in? Cracked seat? Faded paint? Dropped once? Scratches all over and what is the mileage, in the high 50's?)
$2,500.00 is book trade in.

Rebuild with OP's reach around numbers out the wallet so far:

$3,350.00 is for 2 engines? Stop the deal, ask the guy to take 300 for his troubles and sell it again? No shipping and 800 dollars ahead on your end?

Or the scenario keeps going: Plu$$hipping is to keep adding the dollars up for a bunch of new gaskets to rebuild the engine. Or the second scenario reads...

... Plu$ Mod$ to plug in the different year engine configuration is still 'time is money,' and who is going to buy that bike after that modded motor? He crashes and it points to the mod. He finds a lawyer, blames you and the manufacts wipe their hands of all that is your attempt at shoeing in the engine... See all that book value vs. I love my 12 no matter the price?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
1. Original engine
2. Used engine
3. New engine

1 = Is a complete engine is the mix of 1&2.

2 = Is the new engine ready to be blown up, if the rebuild has a short fuse.

1/2 = The original and what was picked from the used engine is more like spare parts left over.

So an engine sold without a stator says crashed? Why is the engine being sold? Bent frame and front end and slammed hard on the ground? So if the crank is bent from an assumed crash? I have no clue of the extent of the OP's engine? Does he need a case? That says the crank is bad as well. Did he just burn a rod to the crank? Then here is the used crank in suspect.

Year fucked either way with all the mods needed to plug in a different year engine is it?

Book values rounded out:
$3700.00 is retail {in pristine shape or close to it and there on down goes the price. What shape is yours in? Cracked seat? Faded paint? Dropped once? Scratches all over and what is the mileage, in the high 50's?)
$2,500.00 is book trade in.

Rebuild with OP's reach around numbers out the wallet so far:

$3,350.00 is for 2 engines? Stop the deal, ask the guy to take 300 for his troubles and sell it again? No shipping and 800 dollars ahead on your end?

Or the scenario keeps going: Plu$$hipping is to keep adding the dollars up for a bunch of new gaskets to rebuild the engine. Or the second scenario reads...

... Plu$ Mod$ to plug in the different year engine configuration is still 'time is money,' and who is going to buy that bike after that modded motor? He crashes and it points to the mod. He finds a lawyer, blames you and the manufacts wipe their hands of all that is your attempt at shoeing in the engine... See all that book value vs. I love my 12 no matter the price?
Wow hubz you must be psychic ?
That shit you have just wrought is amazing :tard: Just need to see another pic of your fucked up 14 please !!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
:tard: Just need to see another pic of your fucked up 14 please !!:rotflmao:
You mean, remove weight, lock the subs open, hack the crap/flash out of the bike, see your ass on the road and insult youride by showing you I'm a nice guy, am going to give you a handicap, like a head start get going!!! I'll be wherever you are in 3 gears :rotflmao:

Physic? Any tard knows that 12 is just too slow to show up messing with a next gen from the same family. Let me waste 6 grand on a blown up bike, I coulda had a V-8! :crazyloco:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You mean, remove weight, lock the subs open, hack the crap/flash out of the bike, see your ass on the road and insult youride by showing you I'm a nice guy, am going to give you a handicap, like a head start get going!!! I'll be wherever you are in 3 gears :rotflmao:

The only thing you have done to your bike is detune it ,FFS who "in there right mind " would get rid of the ram air and wack two more air filters on it to top it off . You still run a standed exhaust on it , and as for weight savings , WTF have you done to rid weight other than remove the fairing ? You think your fast ? The vids you have shown shows you don't take your bike past five grand in revs :rotflmao: . Maybe you should just go and buy another Harley as it seems to me that's what your trying to do with your 14 . :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts