·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of them videos are bad ass... :shock:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If ever a picture painted sheer lunacy and insanity, that has to be it!!
That guy must carry his testicles about in a barrow!! Respect!
Regards
Ted

G

·
0 Posts
Wow. I can understand the interest in giving the spike's a try, but
why in the hell would you put a turbo on it?:eek

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
That's cool and a ton of fun, if you never tried it. When I was younger, we had a old KTM with ice tires, used to tear up the lake community that I grew up in. They tried to catch us we everything, but the sleds were much slower back then :lol: . They finally figured out who was rding the KTM ( me) with some good detective work ( they followed the tire marks in the snow from my shed to the lake, said I was young, not smart :shock: ).

Anyway, I can't imagine doing that on the 12, but it's a blast if you have a dirt bike that you don't mind laying down once in awhile.

Scott W.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
OK you 'cold weather people'!!! How are those spikes in the tires? Are they inflated? Warm weather minds needs to know! :lol:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
NameChanger said:
OK you 'cold weather people'!!! How are those spikes in the tires? Are they inflated? Warm weather minds needs to know! :lol:
I can't speak for modern technology, but when I was ice racing on my lake and pissing off the general public, here's how we did it ( remember, I was 15-17 at the time :wink: ).

First off, I had a brain fart, it was the old CZ 250 MXer ( also used a Honda TL 125) that we ice raced with, not the KTM. Anyway... we took the old, worn knobby off the rear and drilled very small pilot holes for pointed fastners, that we secured using a good amount of clear silicon, a flat washer on the inner and outer of the tire and a nut on the outer. Our first attempts were with just plain old wood screws of various sizes, but they leaked too much after a short time. The other method also leaked, but not enough to go flat before we were tired and done for the day :shock: .

We never bothered with the front tire, we just leaned real hard into the turns as the mothers with children ran for cover and called the local police and the lake association :lol:

I can't tell ya how much fun it was. If you have an old beater MX or endouro bike and a lake nearby that freezes up good, give it a try this winter. You will feel just like those old dirt racers, leaning hard into the turns with the backend coming around the front. If you fall, it's almost always on those leaning turns and the bike just slides right out from under you, as you skid across the ice at 45 MPH !

Scott W.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
BADASS!!!
I rode a dirt bike on an ice oval when i was younger and it was tough.
this shit is insane!!
totally cool!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts