Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Someone didn't see the part where the dude rear ended the bike that kicked it all off...

Either way...the guy could have just stopped if it was an accident. He didn't have to drive over a bunch more bikes and riders. Maybe he was being an arrogant prick screwing with the bikers first, and the video don't show that. There had to be a reason they were on his ass. They weren't messing with anyone else on the road, as several cars were in the area. Imo, running over all those bikes after rear ending the initial bike, he got off easy. So what if his wife and kid were in the car. He made decisions, they made decisions. Their friend may never walk again after getting driven over! A few stitches and raccooned eyes is a fair exchange in my book.

Gotta love mass media. Lets point out all the things that the asshole in the cage had, and how evil these motorcycle riders are, then mention in a couple sentences one of them might never walk again...all the while ignoring the main reason his ass was chased...for hitting the bike. They didn't slash tires, they were probably cut driving over several bikes as he sped off...fucking reporters. What a fucked up world we live in these days. I woulda done the same thing some asshole hits my fellow riders and speeds off. Ima chase your ass down. I dunno if I would put the guy in the hospital, but, I'm sure a few of the cats I ride with wouldn't be so forgiving. I would follow the prick home...that's for sure. What would they be saying if his stupid ass had killed 2 or 3 of those riders...would he be charged for panicing? Probably not. He was fearing for his life after all. Yea...ok chuck. They got off their bikes to check on their homie who just got rear ended. That don't make it ok to drive over a bunch of them and speed off...I don't care WHO is in the car.

The world is going to shit in a silk and lace lined handbasket.

·
Registered
226 Posts
bike

if u watch the video, the suv hits the bike because he slammed on his brakes right in front of him. WHY? being a smart arse probably.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if u watch the video, the suv hits the bike because he slammed on his brakes right in front of him. WHY? being a smart arse probably.
err... no.. he is just slowing down... he even has his left hand off the handlebar... so how the hell did he "slam" his brakes on... !!

SUV bang out of order.. !! i don't know what started it but there was no need to drive off over all those bikes.. and later on again drives straight over another bike an rider..

Bikers bang out of order..!! if there had been a ligitimate accident at first.. stop... swap details amicably.. and drive on.. no need for harassment..

However if the SUV driver had just ridden over a load of my friends and their bikes i would hunt him down like a dog.. !!

·
Registered
909 Posts
This video has been reported on by so many different sources. I am a motorcycle enthusiast just like everyone else, but you can clearly see in the video that those bikes completely took over the road and were being dicks. Did the bike that was initially 'rear ended' slam on his brakes? No. Was he being a asshole and trying to slow down a vehicle that was in no way doing anything wrong? Yes. He may not have slammed on the brakes, but he definitely was not innocent in the accident. And I don't care who you are, if you were in that SUV and had roughly 100 motorcycles all completely surrounding you like this guy was dealing with, with his wife and child in the car... I would have taken off too. I don't care who you are, you threaten my family (even if no 'threats' were made, the situation in itself was threatening), I'd run your ass over too. They had no right to block him in like they did, they had no reason for anything they did. It was a bunch of assholes on two wheels that shouldn't be allowed on bikes.

I hope they get caught and they lose their license. We don't need people like that making us look bad.

Well, that's my $5.00

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This video has been reported on by so many different sources. I am a motorcycle enthusiast just like everyone else, but you can clearly see in the video that those bikes completely took over the road and were being dicks. Did the bike that was initially 'rear ended' slam on his brakes? No. Was he being a asshole and trying to slow down a vehicle that was in no way doing anything wrong? Yes. He may not have slammed on the brakes, but he definitely was not innocent in the accident. And I don't care who you are, if you were in that SUV and had roughly 100 motorcycles all completely surrounding you like this guy was dealing with, with his wife and child in the car... I would have taken off too. I don't care who you are, you threaten my family (even if no 'threats' were made, the situation in itself was threatening), I'd run your ass over too. They had no right to block him in like they did, they had no reason for anything they did. It was a bunch of assholes on two wheels that shouldn't be allowed on bikes.

I hope they get caught and they lose their license. We don't need people like that making us look bad.

Well, that's my $5.00
:iagree:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I disagree.

If you pay close attention to the beginning of the video, the guy in the SUV had a choice to make. I don't care if his family was in the car. He should have thought about that before he decided it would be a good idea to ram the bike in front of him.

Just because someone is being a douche on a roadway does not give you the right to use your vehicle as a deadly weapon.

Had he thought about his wife and baby BEFORE he chose to rear end the first bike, none of this would have happened. We don't know the reason why they were being dicks on the bikes, but that does not matter. The driver of the SUV made a bad choice, and found out he made a bad choice fast. I bet money he thought he was a big tough guy, and said to himself "I'll show these dicks". I bet his wife was telling him to ignore them or get off the road or something to avoid a conflict. We will never know these details. Facts are, he kicked it off by not braking and hitting that first bike.

I'm betting had he stopped and showed concern for what had just happened and handled things appropriately, none of the other shit woulda happened. He might have got bitched at for his stupidity, but that's what insurance is for. He had NO right to hit the gas and drive over several bike, and worse yet, SEVERAL PEOPLE just because he was scared. That is not justifiable. There was no immediate threat to his life or family. Sure, they were probably pissed, but hey, people get pissed everyday, but they don't run people over cause they freak out.

Take an even closer look. What if you were out with your buddies and this happened to one of them, them being a dick or not? You would be upset, understandably. Would you fly off the handle and go after the driver if he showed he was sorry and handled it like a responsible adult? Probably not. What if it was your wife/gf/brother/mother/father who got ran over because the asshole freaked and ran them over?

Bottom line is this. You see a shit ton of bikes on the road being dicks, you got the wifey and new baby in the whip, is this really the time to react like a dick in kind? Perhaps instead of bumping the dude on the first bike, and granted, not everyone knows that that kind of a bump can send a rider off his shit...I'll give him that, he should have thought about perhaps changing his route, or even if it was truly an accident, exchanging info and trying to help the injured rider instead of damn near killing several people.

This applies to any vehicle. Not only bikes. Both the bikers AND the douche in the SUV are at fault here. They all made bad choices. To lay blame solely on the riders is, well, stupid. He tried to run from the scene of an accident, whether or not he felt threatened is moot. Cell phones are everywhere these days, and I'm willing to bet he had one. Perhaps a 911 call and locking the doors woulda been a better approach than running over half a dozen bikes and riders and fleeing the scene of an accident woulda been the better choice. Things woulda most likely ended up different.

For all we know, the initial biker that was rear ended was the one who was paralyzed cause the guy ran him over when he fell off the bike (you could see the front tire go nuts after the rub...so it wasn't no love tap...it was a hard hit) and the guy freaked thinking he just killed someone and took off. Betcha didn't think of that did ya? Is it still justifiable to drive over all those riders and bikes if this is the case?

I can bet money his wife and child were NEVER in danger. Perhaps he may have been, but I'm sure not one of them guys on the bikes would have harmed either of them.

Did the guy deserve an ass whoopin? Yes IMO. Are the bikers the bad guys here? No. There is a reason they started fucking with this dude. It's not in the video. Everyone involved, INCLUDING the guy driving the Land Rover is at fault.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Well, that's my $5.00
:mfclap::thumbup::clap: And I couldn't agree anymore, some people need to grow up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I disagree.

If you pay close attention to the beginning of the video, the guy in the SUV had a choice to make. I don't care if his family was in the car. He should have thought about that before he decided it would be a good idea to ram the bike in front of him.

Just because someone is being a douche on a roadway does not give you the right to use your vehicle as a deadly weapon.

Had he thought about his wife and baby BEFORE he chose to rear end the first bike, none of this would have happened. We don't know the reason why they were being dicks on the bikes, but that does not matter. The driver of the SUV made a bad choice, and found out he made a bad choice fast. I bet money he thought he was a big tough guy, and said to himself "I'll show these dicks". I bet his wife was telling him to ignore them or get off the road or something to avoid a conflict. We will never know these details. Facts are, he kicked it off by not braking and hitting that first bike.

I'm betting had he stopped and showed concern for what had just happened and handled things appropriately, none of the other shit woulda happened. He might have got bitched at for his stupidity, but that's what insurance is for. He had NO right to hit the gas and drive over several bike, and worse yet, SEVERAL PEOPLE just because he was scared. That is not justifiable. There was no immediate threat to his life or family. Sure, they were probably pissed, but hey, people get pissed everyday, but they don't run people over cause they freak out.

Take an even closer look. What if you were out with your buddies and this happened to one of them, them being a dick or not? You would be upset, understandably. Would you fly off the handle and go after the driver if he showed he was sorry and handled it like a responsible adult? Probably not. What if it was your wife/gf/brother/mother/father who got ran over because the asshole freaked and ran them over?

Bottom line is this. You see a shit ton of bikes on the road being dicks, you got the wifey and new baby in the whip, is this really the time to react like a dick in kind? Perhaps instead of bumping the dude on the first bike, and granted, not everyone knows that that kind of a bump can send a rider off his shit...I'll give him that, he should have thought about perhaps changing his route, or even if it was truly an accident, exchanging info and trying to help the injured rider instead of damn near killing several people.

This applies to any vehicle. Not only bikes. Both the bikers AND the douche in the SUV are at fault here. They all made bad choices. To lay blame solely on the riders is, well, stupid. He tried to run from the scene of an accident, whether or not he felt threatened is moot. Cell phones are everywhere these days, and I'm willing to bet he had one. Perhaps a 911 call and locking the doors woulda been a better approach than running over half a dozen bikes and riders and fleeing the scene of an accident woulda been the better choice. Things woulda most likely ended up different.

For all we know, the initial biker that was rear ended was the one who was paralyzed cause the guy ran him over when he fell off the bike (you could see the front tire go nuts after the rub...so it wasn't no love tap...it was a hard hit) and the guy freaked thinking he just killed someone and took off. Betcha didn't think of that did ya? Is it still justifiable to drive over all those riders and bikes if this is the case?

I can bet money his wife and child were NEVER in danger. Perhaps he may have been, but I'm sure not one of them guys on the bikes would have harmed either of them.

Did the guy deserve an ass whoopin? Yes IMO. Are the bikers the bad guys here? No. There is a reason they started fucking with this dude. It's not in the video. Everyone involved, INCLUDING the guy driving the Land Rover is at fault.
:thumbup:And I agree with this also, sometimes cooler heads need to prevale!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You can bet money, but would you bet your wife and child?? I sure the hell wouldn't. Take a look at some of the other vids those idiots posted. They're taking over the road and making their own rules. Assholes indeed...

Cooler heads on both sides would have prevented this.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't care if his family was in the car. He should have thought about that before he decided it would be a good idea to ram the bike in front of him.

Had he thought about his wife and baby BEFORE he chose to rear end the first bike, none of this would have happened.
1st part
I disagree with this part of your post. He may not have decided to rear end anyone, it may have happened simply because he was in a panic and was looking elsewhere never realizing the bike was slowing down. With 30 riders going every which way it may have been very innocent on his part of the rear end.

2nd part
I'm sure when it all began he was thinking of nothing but his family. People these days are simply crazy, stupid or both. With the family in the car and 30 to 1 would anyone really stop and get out to reason? I certainly wouldn't under those conditions. Further more, if he was carrying a pistol I'm sure it would have been used. All this for the safety of his family.

This was a bad situation for all involved, but I'm willing to bet it started with one of the bikers. Complaints were being made by several other drivers on these guys before this happened, and who would risk the lives of his family when out numbered 30 to 1.

I wish him a fast recovery and the those guys some intelligence for the future.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
What about the family of the guy who will never walk again?

You will have a hard time selling me on he was justified in running people over just because he may have thought harm was gonna come to anyone in that SUV. I didn't see anyone getting violent towards the SUV until he ran folks over and tried to flea the scene of an accident. He broke the law leaving the scene of an accident. Almost killed several folks. Paranoia is a bitch. So it's ok to run folks down or shoot them up just because they are assholes and might do something...ok. I just watched it again....and I see the same thing I saw the first time. Everyone made bad choices here. But does the guy deserve an ass whoopin for paralyzing someone...I still say he got off easy. He can still walk.

Padded corners have created this environment. That is a discussion for a different thread tho.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
1st part
I disagree with this part of your post. He may not have decided to rear end anyone, it may have happened simply because he was in a panic and was looking elsewhere never realizing the bike was slowing down. With 30 riders going every which way it may have been very innocent on his part of the rear end.
I agree. It could have been a very innocent accident and he didn't mean to hit the guy. He could have made that clear instead of running everyone over...this is where his bad choices start.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Football fans,bikers,cyclists,nazis,muslms,gay parades or what ever,you CANNOT mess with the mob.
Even if it is a matter of life and death you cannot explain to the mob that you must be some some where and that the're blocking your way.Some idiot will not let you pass and it will end up bad.
If you are in a hurry choose another road.Stupidity and the mob cannot be beaten!Or reasoned.

I am also against when certain groups decide to go for a ride on a public road with out respecting the road rules and others people freedom to use the road.
The same people who take over road,like these motorcyclists did(and do in US),will complain the next day while sitting in traffic "where all these people go,get out of my way i need to go to work"..

From what i saw on the vid,an idiot on an suv and an idiot on a bike caused this.

Btw,i am a train driver and i deal with situations like that regularly.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I disagree.

Had a choice to make? He was driving down a public road... just because a bunch of idiots on motorcycles pull up doesn't mean he should have to change what he is doing. Part of riding a motorcycle is understanding the 'anti-SUV' mentality. Okay, you're stretching it a bit here... he didn't 'ram the bike' in front of him. The guy on the bike pull right in front of him and started squeezing on the brake, everyone can see that. Why did he do that? Seems pretty illogical to me.

Chose to rear end the bike? :headscratch: How do you know this was a choice? What if he did slam on his brakes, who's to say that there wasn't a bike right behind him that would have slammed into the back of him and the situations would have been the same? You can't speculate as to what any of them 'chose to do', only what they actually did. All we see is the a guy on a bike pull in front of a vehicle, turn and look at him as he started slowing down, literally right in front of him. Again, we don't know why... but regardless of his reasoning that was an idiotic move. You don't use your body to slow down a vehicle that easily ways 10x more than you. No, completely disagree... the bikes started it off by taking over the road and the guy who pulled in front of him to brake pulled the trigger on the situation.

If he stopped and showed concern...? ... you did listen to when the reports came out that they immediately slashed his tires the first time they all stopped, right? There would be no reasoning with this. Bitched at for his stupidity? Did we watch the same video? ... Chances are if he his is brakes he would have had another bike slam into the back of him. I take it you aren't familiar with the 'Fight or flight' response... you have your family in a car and be threatened by 20+ guys... lets see how long you stick around... if you were any sort of intelligent, you would take off. People get pissed... and people kill each other for some of the dumbest reasons you could imagine. I don't blame him for protecting his family. Any MAN would do anything to protect their family. You vs. my family, I'll run your ass over every single time man. :evil:

Well, first I don't ride with people who ride that stupid... If it was by the fault of the cager, then yea, I'd be upset, but I sure as Hell wouldn't have their car surrounded by 20+ bikes for something that was an 'accident', but that's not what happened here. You're comparing one situation to another that doesn't compare equally. Let's say they both 'made a mistake'... who was the one surrounded? Who was the one who was getting their tires slashed?... Maybe he did apologize, maybe he tried to handle it like a responsible adult while being surrounded by a bunch of morons... we don't know, either way, their behavior was threatening in and of itself.

Who said he reacted like a dick? Those bikes literally put him in this situation. They could have just kept on rolling past him. They pulled in front of him. They slowed down in front of him. Did they have a reason to? We don't know. Either way, they were stupid for having done so. ... NO no no, no vehicle or person should have to change their route because of motorcycles on the road, that's a bullshit mentality.:banghead::banghead: We deal with enough shit from people thinking all motorcycles are a menace on the road. I would never want a family to not think they can share a road with me just because I am on a bike, that's just more voices arguing against the rights of motorcyclist everywhere :angry:. You don't know what he did, again, maybe he tried to help and they weren't gonna have it. You simply don't know.

I agree with some of this, yes, both could have avoided the situation by doing different things, the bike by not being a dick and the SUV rider for staying inside. You know this happened in NY right? ... have you ever called 911 in NY? ... He would have been better off ordering pizza... it would have gotten there much faster :lol: ... so, your logic is he should have stayed there, gotten dragged out of his car and beaten on the highway instead of in the city... bc that's the adult thing to do? because again... we don't know what was actually going on. He may have handled it as best as he could and maybe they weren't hearing it.

Actually, the initial guy that was hit only had a broken leg. That was in the report. He didn't run him over... so, no I didn't think of that, but mainly because I paid attention to the articles that have been produced reporting on the accident. :squint:

How can you know this? If you would honestly bet money, I would say that you aren't very fiscally responsible. :thefinger: So, doesn't that put them in harm? For all we know he was the only one with a job. Maybe now he can't work. How will he feed his family? Babies are expensive... doesn't that put them in danger?

No, he did not deserve an 'ass whoopin' because of an 'accident' that could have been prevented had some idiot not pulled in front of a vehicle that weighs 10x more then he. ... So, they are both at fault... yet you think the guy deserved an ass whoopin? Well, with that logic, the bikes deserved to get run over then, right? :loco:

In the end, we really don't know what happened. We can both make assumptions and honestly, with the assumptions you are making, I would 100% agree with you. If the SUV was being a dick and having the mentality that you have 'given' him, then yeah, fuck his ass up :evil: ... but we don't know that. We only know what we can see and what comes out in the reports. The assumptions I have made based on what I have read / watched, I can't help but to disagree. I may very well be wrong about the situation, but we'll never know. No one can argue against the fact that using your body to slow down a large SUV is dumb as fuck. :lol:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
The deserving of an ass whoopin is in fair trade for running from the scene of an accident by driving over other individuals...yes, he deserved what he got as far as I'm concerned. The other guy ain't walking anymore..fair trade in my book.

Slashing tires....I seen none of that in the original video. His tires were damaged when he sped off over the bikes. Just because a reporter assumes this happened it's the truth? I think not. He bumped the other bike. This could have been an accident. Could have been intentional. We will never know. Everyone stopped. People approached to check on their buddy, dude freaks thinking they are after him, punches it and runs over a few more bikes. I've driven over plenty of children's and drunks pedal bikes in my day and ruined many a tire from it. I doubt the tire slashing theory.

Good to see we can agree to disagree. I seen the video. I watched it on a 70 inch LCD. I saw no tire slashing. I saw no violent.indications towards that driver initially. I saw dummies on sport bikes fucking with this poor bastid and it went sour and when his boys went to check on him the other freaked. I can see freaking out when a bunch of biker dudes come at ya, but that is no justification for how he reacted. There were far better options on the table. He did make the choice to floor it. In making this choice, he paralized an individual. I would be pissed at this point too.

I guess I just have a calmer head in situations like this. I don't see any justifications in that video for the actions of the driver of the SUV. I agree, the guys on the bikes were being fucks...but the details as to why are not here. Was it just a bunch of guys being assholes just to do it or was there a reason they singled this one vehicle out. Maybe the guy flipped them the bird. To pay him back they tried to make his day Shitty by going slow. It backfired. STILL don't give anyone the right to wrecklessly endanger all those lives.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Not to mention all the other lives endangered by driving a vehicle missing tires on public roadways. What if he had lost control and hit the fabled baby bus and killed a bunch of kids running from this? Would you feel the same way? It didn't happen, but what if. What if he had remained calm and handled it like he should have. He wouldnt have gotten beat, and that poor sap would be walking.

It's a loss all around. I don't feel bad for any of them really. Everyone made bad choices here. Natural selection handled it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The deserving of an ass whoopin is in fair trade for running from the scene of an accident by driving over other individuals...yes, he deserved what he got as far as I'm concerned. The other guy ain't walking anymore..fair trade in my book.

Slashing tires....I seen none of that in the original video. His tires were damaged when he sped off over the bikes. Just because a reporter assumes this happened it's the truth? I think not. He bumped the other bike. This could have been an accident. Could have been intentional. We will never know. Everyone stopped. People approached to check on their buddy, dude freaks thinking they are after him, punches it and runs over a few more bikes. I've driven over plenty of children's and drunks pedal bikes in my day and ruined many a tire from it. I doubt the tire slashing theory.

Good to see we can agree to disagree. I seen the video. I watched it on a 70 inch LCD. I saw no tire slashing. I saw no violent.indications towards that driver initially. I saw dummies on sport bikes fucking with this poor bastid and it went sour and when his boys went to check on him the other freaked. I can see freaking out when a bunch of biker dudes come at ya, but that is no justification for how he reacted. There were far better options on the table. He did make the choice to floor it. In making this choice, he paralized an individual. I would be pissed at this point too.

I guess I just have a calmer head in situations like this. I don't see any justifications in that video for the actions of the driver of the SUV. I agree, the guys on the bikes were being fucks...but the details as to why are not here. Was it just a bunch of guys being assholes just to do it or was there a reason they singled this one vehicle out. Maybe the guy flipped them the bird. To pay him back they tried to make his day Shitty by going slow. It backfired. STILL don't give anyone the right to wrecklessly endanger all those lives.
He wasn't just running from 'the scene' he was running for potentially, and very well in his mind, his life and his family's lives. ... I can understand that mentality, but you play chicken with a train, trains gonna wreck your day :lol:

It was reported that the tires were slashed, not assumed. If you're going to claim what is actually reported to be assumption, then what good are your assumptions on the situation? You assume they simply walked up, totally level headed (bc guys who take their bikes out and take over the road are totally level headed, right?) and the guy just freaked and ran... maybe, but do we really know that's what happened? ... that's not typical of how the human brain works.

The videos (there are several) all show different times and different angles. If you are looking at just the one video, you're missing information. A few more helmet cams have popped up. BUT, I totally agree with your last statement. The situation could have been handled in a much, much better way by both sides and at the end of the day, we really don't know what actually happened.

So, hopefully all involved learned a valuable lesson.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not to mention all the other lives endangered by driving a vehicle missing tires on public roadways. What if he had lost control and hit the fabled baby bus and killed a bunch of kids running from this? Would you feel the same way? It didn't happen, but what if. What if he had remained calm and handled it like he should have. He wouldnt have gotten beat, and that poor sap would be walking.

It's a loss all around. I don't feel bad for any of them really. Everyone made bad choices here. Natural selection handled it.
True, but he never would have fled had he not 'felt' threatened by this group. ... the SUV handled it :lol: ... joke in poor taste... :evil:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Even with all the speculations...sad thing is...this may very well happen again....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts