Kawasaki World banner

Idle issue PLEASE HELP

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  IWasBlitz 
#1 ·
Hi my name is logan I just bought a 94 ninja 500 Saturday for my birthday. I replaced the battery, oill, and spark plugs. I also cleaned the carbs. It stars good but will not idle on its own I will let go of the throttle and it will die almost instantly. It will idle at 3000 for awhile then die down again. I tried adjusting the throttle screw but that doesn't seem to work either. Please help me get my present working thank you

#3 ·
+1

When you say "cleaned the carbs" can you detail what you mean? Do you mean dump the gas out of the bowls or do you mean completely disassemble and rebuild?

What you are describing is textbook for old gas sitting in the carbs and starting to return to its prior carbon form (ergo it's beyond shot). When this happens it will gum up the jets and start to distribute a white flaky residue over everything touching it.

Also, how old is the gas in the tank? Old gas can cause this type of issue all day long as can water in the gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.