Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, not telling what to do, you make the call...

1) We KNOW that our cars can't even come close to catching you, but our radios can sometimes.

2) In many states, eluding the police is a criminal offense, so you just set the bar much higher if you get caught. If run from a car that is actively attempting to stop you, i.e., behind you with the lights on, and you somehow get caught, expect to be placed under arrest and charged with a criminal offense.

3) You are much more likely to be caught if you are on the highway, compared to the back country roads, for obvious reasons.

4) If you pass a cop going the other direction of travel and see him hit his brakes and pull to the shoulder, it doesn't mean that he is necessarily going to engage you in a pursuit. Though it's very likely that he will, many seasoned officers do this to catch the inexperienced riders, who panic and ride above their abilities. The officer then just takes a slow cruise in your last known direction of travel, thinking that he might scoop you up on the next curve.

5) Ride within your abilities. While I'm hardley condoning eluding the police, it's gonna really suck for you if you do run and get caught because you crashed.

Scott W.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hypothetically (sp) speaking ... .and I am sure it is different all around... but if one were to, say be exceeding the speed limit on a 3-4 lane highway/tollway w/ min. traffic if any and that person were to pass said police officer... and that officer chose to pursue ( :wink: ) being that it IS a highway... what would be " best " continue on to 1st exit? (2nd,3rd,etc)
run run run as fast as you can, same direction? or Loop back and go the way you came on the other side of the highway? or park under closest bridge and pray? Again, I am only adding to a civil, non-argumentitive(sp)
discussion. Knock on wood this 12 rider has only incurred 1 officer EVER on that special section of cement roadway, and would you believe it was in traffic and at a very reasonable speed ( when compared to other times)
and he still made a U and tried to sneak up on that said rider... bad day, crappy ride so far... decided to speed up( officer had not gotten directly behind biek yet) and make it home in time to see COPS... or Miami Vice, or Girls Gone Wild or something like that... Man.. never been so mad at oneself or worked up either... o well... :roll: hope to not do that again.

One last question... parking garages... at a mall or ??? helicopters can see there, lots of traffic... what would a police officer do in that situation?
( bike runs, heads into mall parking and " disapears for a while? )

Thank you for reading through such a long azz post/question/story

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, I can't give away ALL our tricks :wink: . I think you answered most of your questions. If I start to give advice, even hypothetically, on what is the best way to elude police I'll become under ridicule myself as this is a open forum and available to viewing even by the bad guys (real bad guys, not the 12 riders). That's the best I can do on this topic, sorry.

Scott W.

·
Registered
561 Posts
:wink:

·
Registered
759 Posts
All I will say is DONT RUN!!!

The outcome if you get caught is getting more and more severe!!!...It's not worth it if you get caught, there is too much to lose nowadays!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
561 Posts
alot more to lose OR alot more incentive to get away... depends on which side of it you are looking at it from. Seriously that is what goes through MY mind before " going for it " ... :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is some good advice to be had here. Just to put my two cents in.... DON'T RUN :( I ran from the cops a couple of years ago (prior to my 12,) and got caught :shock: . Once we had both calmed down, we got tyalking for a while and one of the main things that was said to me was that if I hadn't run then I MAY have only gotten a ticket (considering I was doing 172km/h in a 60!!) But even if I had, it would have been less that what I ended up getting!

Just remember, apart from hitting someone else, you have your license, and a big chunk of your wallet to lose as well. If your REALLY bad (I suspect a mate could get this soon,) then you may even be jailed!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Guys, Another reason not to run is Most of the Police Academys are teaching Zero Tolerence because thats what the Police Depts are told what to do from the captains, chiefs, Police Commisioner, Mayor, Governer!!!

Most states now have some kind of wreckless driving program, to catch the wreckless drivers and punish them severly...Guys, 98% of the Police Cars have audio and video, so you are being taped!!!...If you get caught your Motorcycle or car gets inpounded, summons issued, loss of license, then you need a lawyer, Insurance goes through the roof (if they insure you) and a 2 month wait to get your vehicle back!!!

Remember the Cops are only told what to do and with all the crap going on nowadays with audio and video machines, most cops dont take the chance in using Discretion anymore!!!

I'm not trying to scare you guys!!!...Just letting you know what the policies are now, and to please pick and chose where you do your top speed runs!!!

For those of you that think Cops can do whatever we want, here is an incident that happend to me......I went for a group ride OFF DUTY with the HiWay guys all of them on their Harleys...Me and another guy the only ones on Jap bikes, he was on a '98 CBR 900 with Erion pipe and I was on a '95 ZX11 with Muzzy pipe...So we are all riding in formation at 60mph...BORING!!!...The CBR and myself are in the back making jestures at each other at how bored we are...So he pulls out into the left lane and yanks a second gear wheelie and rides past the whole formation!!!...I pull out and do a power wheelie past the last 6 guys and crank up the rpms!!!...That felt soo good!!!...When we arrived at our destination, the Sergeants and Lieutenant in the group came up to me and the cop on the CBR and lectured us for 10 minutes about how fucked up we are!!!......Heres the worst part For the next week at work I got the Shitiest motorcycle in the fleet, the shitiest post to patrol, and the sergeant coming by to make sure I was on my post and did it 5 times a night!!!...He advised me to make sure I did the summonses I was required to do!!!

It's Not Easy being BLUE!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
45 Posts
uk justice

Let me first say hello to the cops on this board ,as you might have read on the other forum i got pulled back in July for doing 100.7 mph in a 60 road.The coppers (uk) stopped me after following me for approx 2/3 miles they used a system called vascar it takes your average speed over a pre determined distance.No bollocking just a telling off and charged with said offence which because of the speed i was going gets submitted to the local fiscal(sheriff).I f i had being going say below 80 then the cops would have written me out a ticket and i might have got 3 or 6 points and a £60 ($90) fine.In the uk once you have accumulated 12 points then its no more licence.
I had no points on my licence when i got caught and was expecting to get banned for the said offence but not a whopping big fine of £750 ($1175).
As far as doing a runner if i had seen them coming in my mirrors and they were far enough back then yes i would have nailed it but i never so, i did did the crime so now im doing the time so to speak.
I would say in general that the usa bikers have got it good compaired to the uk .A policeman was sent to jail in England for 3 months for doing 125mph on his bike recently and another example is a bloke got a 1 year prison sentence for doing 165 mph on his zx9 and get this he had a video camera on his bike and the coppers pulled him and took the video away and charged him with the offence after what they saw on the tape ,they never actually caught him in the act of speeding .

·
Registered
645 Posts
Vascar = Pacing

They followed you for a time to determine your speed. Never hurts to goto court. If there speedometer has not been calibrated recently.. or at all, you may get a free ride. Won't cost you a thing.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Bigsaint said:
Holy shit, satire !!! If I knew i was going to be sent to jail for riding at 125 MPH, I'd have to sell the bike and get a Busa, just to watch my speed more carefully :wink: :D

Scott W.
You wouldn't be able to take the vibration of the busa trying to get up to the 55mph speed limit! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
645 Posts
LoL this is the first time I have actually witnessed Busa bashing by 12R owners on a public forum. Usually they are the ones telling us how good their bikes are. It is a refreshing change. I don't know about where you guys live... but around here Busa's are usually ridden by cranky little navy frenchmen with bad attitudes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts