Kawasaki World banner

If ZX12's didn't exist

4K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  OutsiderZX12R 
#1 ·
What other bike would you have if Kawasaki hadn't made the ZX12?

Like me, I know a lot of you have other bikes other than your 12, but I mean if the ZX12 never existed.

For me I reckon it would possibly be a ZRX1200 or a ZZR1400.

Other than that, which I find quite strange myself I like the R1200GS and Ducati Diavel.

Cheers

Dale

#2 ·
Back around 2000 it would have been a tl1000r or rc51 now it would be a 14r. Our local bike shop is trying to get me into a 2012 hold over for a good price. If they still have it after race season I think im going to get it. Also the green zrx is one of my all time got to have bikes. Redsled.

#3 ·
When i was in the market for a new bike.I was looking for a 04/05 zx10r but couldn't find one and once I did the dude back out on me when I got there with money. I drove from savannah ga to atl ga to get the bike and dude was like I can't part with it . So I said ok must not be ment for me. Then I was looking for a busa and couldn't find one in my area everybody wanted or had a busa so I was like ok. Looked on Craigslist and found my 2003 zx12r in green with 5300 miles for only $4500 and jumped on it. I only have around 6000/6500 miles on motor and that is because I have two bikes at that time. I now have 05 gsxr 1000/ 2003 zx12r / 2012 zx14r and looking for a wrecked bike for cheap to fix up. If the zx12r would of never came up I would of found a busa or a zx10r

#5 ·
Redsled The 05 gsxr 1000 is fast as hell. I never had a problem keeping up with busa. I remember running on the streets and she came up on one wheel with ease going from third going to fourth. It was as smooth as butter didn't even notice she was up. I would never get rid of her many people try to buy her answer is always No!!! I was old school I never liked the new technology so I was going to stay with the old technology and be happy but I acquired a new zx14r 2012 and that changed my mind on that the zx14r is fast as hell and sucks some wind and gains ground very fast. I will up load new pics once it warms up in va

#11 ·
I'd be riding a KTM supermoto until something appealing comes along.
It's not often I see something and say, "that's it, where's my wallet?"
I liked the S1000RR, but was waiting for the street version S1000R. Now there's pictures of next years S1000 tourer. It's always just out of reach.

#12 ·
I originally wanted a zx 11 with a Mr.Turbo on it but when Kawasaki dropped the 12 I knew I would have one at some point... I like riding dirtbikes too so a Klr 650 would have been another choice (own a KLR jr)

#13 · (Edited)
I would've kept my 98 ZX9R at least until the 2004 ZX10R's came out. I went and looked at the Busa's in the spring of '99 and they were just too ugly for me. I really considered one but honestly could not get past the looks so I ended up buying my 9R as a one year old new from the dealer hold over model in May 0f 1999.

#17 ·
It would all be down to cost
it would be a Kawasaki no matter what :thumbup:
just love them the sound the way they pull.

I think I would go for the 14
but I have seen a GPZ100RX red and Black for sale £1800 ish looked mint
I loved the one I had back in the 80's
it does look old though.
but I also looked at a ZX9R before getting a 12 so I would look there too.

#22 ·
I agree with tomonever. We shouldnt even consider a world minus the ZX12R. :0)...I had a Thunderace before my B4. Although it was only ever a stepping stone to the ZED. I like ZZR1400's but they have a lower seat height...How about a CB1300s? For some reason the white and metallic red ones with a set of gold wheels are growing on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.