Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can the ignition switch just take a dump? Started bike fine road, parked, went to start later and nothing on the dash, turned off tried 4 or 5 times nothing, let sit, tried later everything lit up and ran. Parked and now nothing again. Battery is fully charged and ready. If it were the fuses it would never have started again right? Bad ignition switch? Any help will be appreciated. It's an '02. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yes, the contacts in the bottom of the switch can get moisture corrosion, or its plug, check the white wire.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, once I get to the white plug is there a way to jump the plug on the bike to see if that gets power to the instruments so the bike will start? I have no juice at all to the dash panel. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thanks, once I get to the white plug is there a way to jump the plug on the bike to see if that gets power to the instruments so the bike will start?
Not sure, I've never done it on a zx-12r. I know I can't on mine as B3 onwards there is a Kawasaki immobilizer built-in, but anything A to B2 may well be possible.
With a mutimeter your better off doing voltage and resistance checks through the switch.

I have no juice at all to the dash panel. Thanks again.
You could link the white wire to the brown wire, this will allow power to the system but not allow the ECU to work as it thinks you're trying to hotwire and steal the bike.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Ninjayorkie, I will give that a shot then I should know if it's the switch or not. Found a new one for $150, ouch. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts