Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys!
I just picked up my 2003 zx-12R!!! It's the "red" version, which is really a deep, black-cherry metallic. In fact, it was cloudy when I picked it up, so I didn't notice how much metal flake is in the paint. Today I ran home at lunch to sneak in my first ride, and holy sh*t, when I got it in the sunshine it looked like some kind of bass boat or something...
I have to thank Andy (forgot his handle for now) for turning me on to a great dealer here in Mesa Arizona. I got the bike for $10,950 OTD!
Also found out that American Family Insurance won't insure it for any price! Bastards.... Thanks to this board, I'm now with State Farm.
I've been reading here long enough to know that I have to cut the rear fender down and put on a 17 tooth front sprocket. I'll do that after she's broke in. Right now, I need all the mph 4000 RPM will get me.

I have a lot to learn, but I've also been riding for way longer than I like to admit, so hopefully I can contribute to this great board.
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Yaaaaa Baby!

Sims, if I'm not wrong, I believe you are our first 2003 owner.

Now, that alone is cool as shit, but the fact that you didn't post pic's??? Man, we gotta work on that faux pas!!!! :wink:

Congrats on the new bike. You will be very, very happy with it. Just show alot of restraint in break-in. ZX-12's have always respnded very well to heat cycling during break-in.

- Blitz

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Big welcome !!! Congrats on the '03, I didn't have the fortitude to wait !!! The difference between 4000 and 6000 is cool, can't even imagine redline right now as I just turned over 500 miles myself. Watch those new tires and keep the rpms low on the hard curves for the first 100 miles :wink: If you can, post a pic. of your new bike for all of us to envy :D

Scott W.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Digital Pics

Hi Blitz!
Yeah, I knew I should post some pics, but I"m way behind the technology curve in that respect. My department out at Boeing has a digital camera, I'll have to see if some cookies will bribe it from the secretary for the weekend...
So far, I"ve taken two short rides, with full cool-down periods between. This weekend I'll do several medium long jaunts. The weather is perfect here in AZ now. My shoulders did start to get tired just in 30 minutes, so I reckon the ol' Heli Bars won't be long now. I had a Corbin seat on my Vmax, and although it was okay, it wasn't God's gift to comfort. Besides the different padding, does the seat buy you any more room or other physical changes?
I guess that with the longshoremen on strike, I may be the ONLY 2003 rider for a while. Actually, there's a green one here in Mesa just waiting for a new owner.
See y'all in the chat room now and then, I hope.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Sims, cool! Another new rider! I've sat on Blitz's bike with the Corbin, and woulda gotten one myself, but my legs are a little too short for it. I was on my toes. That's with about a 30" inseam, 5' 9".

Oh, and Big Saint, that move from 6k to redline is where all the fun is!!!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome Welcome.

Yeah... need pics!!!! I hope that isn't a Candy Apple Red!!! :shock: :shock: If so, I don't want my wife to see it!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
it will be hard to tell it from the PMB in pics,has to be in that certain light to show the color just like it does.Dark cherry metalic is a good discription of it,deep purple burgandy could be what youd call it also.The Ninja decals are chrome with a red shadow,gold wheels and the bottom of the fairing is dark silver instead of gold like the 02 PMB.Swingarm is black and so is the bottom of the forks. There will be a new faction of supporters for this color no doubt!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Remember when riding to load the motor to help seat the rings by varying the RPM while on the Highway. On the camera issue, I get by with a 35mm, and a cheap a$$ scanner. Save them under My Pictures. Them you have to find a host sight for the pics. Welcome to the clan!! 8)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on the 2003.

I'm a little behind on the technology thing too. I've been trying to post pics of my wife and her naked Hot Latina friends around my 12R, but haven't been able to do it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts