Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just bought a 05 black zx12r w/ 15k miles, love the bike. I'm starting to notice a bunch of little things that need attention. The blackish/grey inner fill panels that surround the dash and down the sides of the upper fairing, are cracking.
I need new ones, where can I get quality parts for this? Been all over the web, any ideas? All help would be greatly appreciated.
Been lingering on this site for a while and reading a lot of great stuff.
Thanks for any help.
PJM

·
Registered
297 Posts
I went with Debotech carbon fiber pieced. Took a while to get, but they look awesome.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Never heard of the inner panels cracking; but those pieces are pretty fragile. This is the closest -

http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/39192-gutted-my-zx12r-b2h.html

Before replacing them, check the bolts which secure the fairing at the mirrors( not too tight!), the bolts on the fairing stay, those which secure the fairing to the engine, and those which secure the fairing to the frame at the rear.

Good luck with it. :zxred:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I also went with Hans DeBotech on my 2002 12R. The tabs kept breaking on the original parts. Ron Ayers show these parts at around $350 for complete set. Hans was not much more expensive when I purchased mine. The original parts came in 4 pieces, DeBotech was one piece each side for my bike. Bought my carbon in 2010. No problems since. deBotech, Inc. - Carbon Fiber Extreme

1 - 5 of 5 Posts