Registered
245 Posts
Looks interesting

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any pics or procedure?
Does the stocker have bulbs or LEDs? If bubls, are the soldered to the control board?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Stock are grain of wheat bulbs. They are in small twist lock type connector. They are not soldered to the printed circuit board....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZXLNT said:
Stock are grain of wheat bulbs. They are in small twist lock type connector. They are not soldered to the printed circuit board....
including the ones behind the lcd?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
they are like 5 or 7 bucks apiece. the smallest bulbs i have ever changed.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AFKAN said:
Nice find 8)

Now to find some that aren't halfway around the world to me :lol:

Are those dimensions correct for the application? How many LEDs are required and did you see what is involved in removing the LCD filter?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
T3's are spot on ;)

You'll actually need 12 in total :shock: (including neutral, left, right, and main beam)

To get to them...

1) Take the screen off.
2) Remove the cable into the back of the unit.
3) Remove 3 nuts securing onto the frame.

Once the clocks are removed it's about half a dozen screws on the back of the unit to remove the back.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
No its a red piece of plastic that fits between the LCD display and the protective glass covering. The LCD is held to the circuit board my a thin metal cage with tabs that fit thru the board. You twist the metal tabs to lock the metal cage down which pressed the LCD to the board making electrical contact. The LCD isn't soldered to the board its simply held in place by pressure from the metal cage that fits around it..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts