Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to go, 2002 zx12r approved on loan.Make call to state farm insurance and they asked all the usual questions. What is drivers license #, what is social security #. NO problem 35 years old never speeding ticket or any other ticket for that matter. Then they ask what Wife's #,I said why she not the driver ever. They tell me it all on point system of household. Needless to say she not perfect. They can't write policy at all. I then call progressive, they say $130 a month with $1000 deduct. Please guys let me know how you do it, what insurance do you use and what do you pay for full coverage? I'm a very sad zx12r none buyer.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I called Progressive and bent over -- try to take it like a man. I totalled a brand new bike 2 yrs ago (90 miles)....so you know that I PAY.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i went with state farm, and paying $285 a year with no lay up :D ....... hey TainuiNYC watch out for proggresive, I was involved in a wreck where the driver ran me off the road and they tried to f*** me really good :evil: ........even though i got the plate # of the old cripp bastard that did it, they said they weren`t going to bother trying to track him down. they stuck it to me :shock: my policy went from $1000 a year to $1700 well i told them to go to hell :twisted: ......and got state farm.......they really helped me out 8)

·
Registered
648 Posts
$265.00 a year on the '02 ZX12R with $500 deductable, $268.00 a year for the '00 ZRX1100 same deductable. Explain that, the ZRX is more $ than the ZX. Have a clean record for 5 years. With State Farm, have all our vehicles and our house with them.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
I have progressive insurance and have had good luck so far. They handled my accident in july really quick and payed for everything no questions asked. BUT...BUT, I am sure my $800.00/year premium is going to suddenly change soon. If I take it up the crack...then I will try State farm for sure.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I also have State Farm. My policy for the 12 was $330.00 per year with full coverage. They didn't ask for my wifes DL# but that they already have it on file for our van/truck. Doesn't help you a whole lot though as neither of us have any points. What about Rider Ins. ? My neighbor is using them and he's statisfied, though I have heard that they can be high as well ?

Scott W.

·
Registered
690 Posts
state farm

$281 yr/full. $500 deductible,I think?And if my wife did'nt have my agent for so long,I don't think I would get such a deal.Plus multi-vehicle discounts.Both our cages are with them also.And home owners.

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
insurance

I pay $363 for full coverage with $1000 deductible. I also go through state farm. We run all of our cars and properties through them and that, I am sure, helps a little. All in All not too bad for CA!!

Doctor Green

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
2 cars, 1 house, 1 zx12.

Where I live is supposedly the 2nd most expensive place in the US to insure a car because of all the fricking uninsured drivers and our states extreme PIP requirements.

·
4,208 Posts
Shit I pay 1100 for my 12 (full coverage) and 100 for her fzr.........with 500 deduct.....and we both have clean records.........

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I also have progressive,they were 400 a year cheaper than USAA but I have 4 bikes. Progressive gives a mutli bike discount that actually makes 2 bikes cheaper than one. The premium also varies from state to state. I totaled my bandit last july when I got hit by a deer. They gave me an extremely fair price for the bike and replaced my riding gear at full list. My premium did not incresase as they called the accident an "act of god"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts