Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have new iridium plugs that are fouled (after a dodgy service) and don't seem to want to spark even after a clean-up, throw away $120 plugs or try something else?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The reason they are fouled up maybe because you have a dirty Kill Switch which is dropping the voltage over the stick coils.

As for the plugs, they may be too far gone, but you could try brake cleaner and a plumbers torch and burn off the carbon build-up, I don't know if it will work but maybe worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason they are fouled up maybe because you have a dirty Kill Switch which is dropping the voltage over the stick coils.

As for the plugs, they may be too far gone, but you could try brake cleaner and a plumbers torch and burn off the carbon build-up, I don't know if it will work but maybe worth a try.

Cheers mate, will give it a crack.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
$120 for iridium plugs?

They have them at my local auto parts store for $8 each last I checked. The stock plugs are like $20 each when I did mine...I remember pooping in a my pants a little when they gave me total anyways....

Dunno where you shoppin, or maybe I just ain't dealt with anything to do with the 12R in a couple years. I can't see $30 a plug for iridium plugs...in my truck they are $10 each. I only know cause I just did 'em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts