Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. During my year long reign as the King, I was untouchable and enjoyed a multitude of accolades. Awards were plentiful, praise was the flavor of the day, and women came in droves.

I was looking forward to signing my new contract for the year 2000. I anticipated that the year 2000, would encompass much more than what 1999 ever could! I would enjoy international travel, more wealth, and extensive fame!

Then, the year 2000 came, and with it, disaster. Like an unseen plague that ravaged every part of my being, it left me destitute. From 2000 on, all I would have were the memories of what might have been. Gone were the awards, gone were the women, gone - my respect.

Speed, popularity and fortune, is a fickle beast. Here one minute, taken by a demon the next. I had heard about this demon from hell for months. I brushed off the rumors and assured my massive following that our crown and kingdom were safe. We would annihilate all that came for our throne, root and stem.

That demon, the unspeakable abomination that destroyed everything I held dear, was the 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R. I gave everything I had, I did, It just wasn't enough. Even though we worked hard for a second generation in 2008 it still wasn't enough.

It was the best of times, it was a time long passed and now, forgotten.

Signed,

The Suzuki Hayabusa

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jpowell490

·
Registered
646 Posts
Any one have any zx12r stories, good, bad or ugly?
I am an original owner 2005 12R (May 2005), 51.6K on it, love it. Rode a 14 wasn't impressed. Rode a 14R and was impressed. For the money difference I will stay with my 12, always has and still does everything I need. It is 100% stock.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I rode my 12 to a Kawasaki Day in Pomona Ca, signed up to ride the 14R. More bells and whistles for instruments and power controls I recall. I like the flush signals too. As for how it rode, power/torque was noticeably more. I am tall so if it was a tad bigger that too was even better for me. Going from 1 to the other I just recall it was very nice, been quite a few years now. Sometimes I sit on a 14 at a dealership and even talked to them about a trade and of course a lot of cash but their advertisement was a scam so I am happy with my 12. Had her 15 years now. Here is my note in my PC from that day:
5/10/5 - brought ZX12R home from Whittier. $10,500 OTD.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Little late reply on my part, but thanks Jim. Never rode a 14R myself. I am going to pick up a new one before the year is out

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh please report back here and tell what you think of your 14R. Rumor is out there that it may be discontinued soon. I have always been happy that I got the last year of the 12. Have always had the power to do what i want and am pretty sure you'll feel the same with your even more powerful 14R

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2004 zx12r for 15 yrs. I sold it last June because I had double hip replacement surgery. I didn't think yhat I would be able to ride it again but 2 weeks after I sold it I bought a 2016 zx14r. And I tell you to power and acceleration is unbelievable. But, I still love my zx12r better.
IMAG0032.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts