Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Yes, sir.

I'm working through a long laundry list of things that need to be done throughout the site.

The most significant change you'll notice is I moved the Recent Threads from the left column to the wider right-column. This is a fairly standard web layout and it's wider so it should make things easier to read when perusing the various sections.

Of course, once you enter a thread/conversation, nothing changes there.

I have several behind the scene updates to be made to the software and server... I plan on bringing the forum down for an hour around 3 in the morning to get those updates done.

And more to come...

I really really really want to tackle/start working on going through and converting all the old data and pictures from the old ZX-12R.ORG site!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Feel so much better now, I thought my computer started designing it's own pages. I too appreciate what you do for the web site also.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Once the adverts have gone it will be perfect :thumbup:
If we have more room within the post the pictures will fit better with the txt.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
If we have more room within the post the pictures will fit better with the txt.
Run firefox with AdBlock Plus and you won't see any adverts....:thumbup:

Keep in mind, the ads are there I would assume to help cover the cost of the site, otherwise they'd have to charge for membership to cover operating costs....:thumbup:

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
When you're logged into the site, the Home Page should be the only page that has multiple ads, which shouldnt detract from using that page since it's only showing the most recent threads.

When you're viewing the forums or any of the threads, you should only see the one ad at the top of the page and that's it.

I have it setup so there are ads but only for those who are not logged into the site. I want the user experience to be better when you're logged into the site, hence the less ads.

Keep in mind, the ads are there I would assume to help cover the cost of the site, otherwise they'd have to charge for membership to cover operating costs....:thumbup:
Just to make sure this never becomes a rumor... something I said in the beginning and something I'll reiterate again here is that I will never charge any kind of subscription to use this site and community. I've been on some forums where they charge the users and that really bothers me. I believe the site and every function and feature should be 100% free for everyone in the community.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Just to make sure this never becomes a rumor... something I said in the beginning and something I'll reiterate again here is that I will never charge any kind of subscription to use this site and community. I've been on some forums where they charge the users and that really bothers me. I believe the site and every function and feature should be 100% free for everyone in the community.
I do like how on some sites you have to be a logged in member in order to use the search feature. I'm not sure if it is the case here...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I weren't intendin to start no rumors.......I just for got to add the punch line.....:eek:hno:

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
great work lash, now when are we going to see that 12r at the top of the page:thumbup:

tony
I need to dig up the PSD files I used to create the site. They are on a backup drive, and then I'll see about adding in the mighty ZX-12R.

I'm sure the next argument will be which year 12R goes there... but I'm going to default with the 2000 original green ram air beast even if I am bias towards the 2002 year with all the improvements that were made.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a Kawi.. like it or not.. Green IS the REQUIRED color !! (colour) deal wiff it !! :thumbup: :nana:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts