Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Received my mc-express turbo and boost controller from NLR and can't wait to get it put on. But I leave for Las Vegas on Mon. To get married and promised not to touch the bike untill I get back. Also I'm going to be putting JE 1270 turbo pistons and rods in it. As soon as I get back I'll post some pictures of the install and let you know what kind of H.P. She puts out

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

talk about more later.....alotz more later :wink:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hope you got your pistons and rods before you say I DO :lol:
jus kiddin ya !
looking foward to this :D

early congrats !!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: No not Elvis I'm getting married at the Venetian, And I'm lucky in the sense that we met 10 years ago and she some what understands my passion for fast m/c. She has pretty much seen them all except a suzuki and that word is taboo in our house. Big Saint the turbo is a mitsubishi 16t with built in wastegate and pop off valve, intercooler, and comes with new fuel mang. box, 4 more fuel injectors, new fuel pump with adj. fuel reg. The boost controller is programable for diff. boost targets in each gear and diff ramp rates for each gear. Oh and comes with a c/f pipe and stainless header and manafold. Do you all know how hard it will be for me to say "I do" when I much rather be back at the shop building the silver 12. hehehehe

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a nice kit. Juding from what I've seen, must have sent you back major $$$. Guessing that the fairing will need extensive mods to fit the turbo and intercooler ? What are they saying is the sweet spot regarding boost levels ? I don't know a whole lot about turbos on gassers, my knowledge is mostly with turbos on diesel motors. Sure should be a kick in the pants though 8) . I think you might need to strap your hands to the bars when that turbo spools up :shock: . Have fun and no need to reply until your time permits as my questions are purely curiosity at this stage. I have this dream of building a kit around a Holset HY-35 with a 9cm housing, just a dream right now and I don't want to give up the low end driveability.

Scott W.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey 2fast - sounds like a nice kit, can you share the price with us. I am definitely interested in getting to a turbo. nos is nice but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shipping comes from sweden 150.00
The mc-express kit 5400.00
The boost controller 600.00

Everything you need is in the kit. 295 hp at 12 psi on pump gas. But the zx-12r has cast pistons(light) and you have to but forged pistons to run higher boost. Thats why I'm going with JE 1270 Forged turbo pistons APE heavy Studs and carillo rods. Plus I'll be running a lock up clutch. But all I have now is the Turbo,studs,boost controller,4 degree triple clamp,pbp 4 inch arm, lock up clutch muzzy.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You could take the bike with ya to get married! :mrgreen: Of course, maybe then you wouldn't be getting married anymore when your significant other found out. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Whoa :shock: that thing is going to be mean.....FYI, I read somewhere that they were testing a turbo on a 12 and it produced better numbers at a medium boost level than it did at a high boost.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You'll Be Flying

I hope you got your pilots license because you're likely to get both wheels off the ground with all that HP. Is your bike stretched or lowered yet? You'll have to take her to the strip so we can get the numbers you'll be running.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Wish I had a wallet like that.... A bum found my wallet the other day put 10 bucks in it and returned it......

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Propose to the bike man....it'snot too late!! :lol: :lol:
Congrads 2Fast, and good luck with both projects. :D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
2Fast, you are one sick individual. Definitely disturbed, and should seek professional help. :?

Oh, and after you've sought professional help, let the rest of us sick individuals know what kinda hp #'s you're getting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts