Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the showdown is Nov 8. I just bought a set of stock carbs off a 01 ZX-9 with 2000 miles in it.
I have mine pretty tweaked with the 1.7 kit, but keep hearing good things about the Ivans.
Im installing the Ivans in the new set of carbs and will be doing back to back Dyno runs with mine and then the Ivans. This, ofcourse, will be done the same day so the temp/humidity will be the same for both.

And obviously, the loser will be for sale. I would be doing this sooner but I have to goto Comm/nav school in Dover and will be gone almost a month.
Until then..........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Kickass dude, don't forget to weigh ease of tuning as well as cost in your showdown. PS.. what settings are you running in your 1.7 kit and where do you live climate-wise?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MisterMurphy said:
Kickass dude, don't forget to weigh ease of tuning as well as cost in your showdown. PS.. what settings are you running in your 1.7 kit and where do you live climate-wise?

Will do...
Climate wise, it's pretty cool right now, mid 50's or so. I have no idea what it will be in 25 days. I DO KNOW that if live at a lower altitude than I do you numbers will be CONSIDERABLY higher. Im at 1382 here, when I went home to Memphis (200), I could pull 4th gear wheelies like I do 3rd gear hear. I picked up around 5 or so at the wheel Im guessing.

As far as cost...the 1.7 is over 200$ and the Ivans is 140. Im going to stop by his shop while Im in NY next weekend and talk to him in person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MisterMurphy said:

Forgot my settings.
1.5 out
178-180-180-178
#40 pilot jet
Float height is stock, but needs to be fattened up.
Needle clip is 4th down from top, but will move back to 3rd position once I get rid of the lean surge at 4-5500 by fattening up the float level.

Current dyno is 148/82, this is a 998 9r though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
criteria

Is the winner based solely on top hp? It'd be interesting to find out how they both carburate on the road and mid-range power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: criteria

lacasa said:
Is the winner based solely on top hp? It'd be interesting to find out how they both carburate on the road and mid-range power.

Not necessarily, Im at my peak HP at 10200, It would be nice to carry it out to atleast 12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts