Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I would stick with the 1270. Cylinder walls a little thin with the 1290 slugs.

It's True The Way I Feel

Promised By Your Face

The Sound Of Your Voice

Painted On My Memories

Even If Your Not With Me

I'm With You

</p>

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
According to Muzzy's site, with their billet cranks you can go up to 1484cc! Their 1361 kit is a stroker crank, +4mm, and +2.4mm pistons.

I thought I read somewhere where Superbike Mike offered billet big blocks at around 1360-ish cc w/ the stock stroke. I would think that would have to be an offset bore to fit everything! They don't list 12R BBB's on their site, though...

I believe Bear's 14R used an SBM block and JE pistons (too lazy to double-check, though).

Been watching this thread since it's inception. Glad it's getting some attention...I was curious about those JE's myself!

tslewisz

</p>

·
Registered
594 Posts
J&E pistons have been around for ever and a day so I can not see any problem with them. I would think any high performance piston would be suitable, usually the problems are in the actual building or assembling of the motor. I would recommend taking your motor to a reputable motor builder and ask questions.

Have you done one of these before?

Do you have someone's name I can call with it to ask questions?

Any good place will give it to you no hassels, if they brush you off hmmmmm not to hard to figure it out.

Just my .02

[email protected]

When ya gotta go, do it! With nitrous hee hee.</p>

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Sorry, king, I don't have personal experience w/ any of the big bore options. I'm just in the "peripheral" stage of mods. You know, pipe, PC, intake, etc. Wish I did!

tslewisz

</p>

·
Registered
594 Posts
Cool do you make a stock piston with heavier rings or dome for nitrous? I want to bump up from 280 hp to 300 hp but I don't think I can on the stock slugs. I am as far as I want to go without seperation of pocket money if you know what I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts