Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is amazing, one man built a motorcycle from scratch and raced with all the big name manufacturers......

·
Registered
233 Posts
heres a few pic i took about a year ago
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Guy was a Genius , petty cancer got him :thumbdown: :angry: , imagine what else he could have achieved

·
Registered
198 Posts
Old news but always worthy to be displayed.....Awesome guy!!

Hey its got PPG paint on it!!!

Always stop and study the one in Barbers museum...

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did he build the motor as a one off as well then?
According to one of the video I watched he did the mold of the engine head but another video shows that one of the group member was the guy that built an engine while they were in school and he used that engine design.....:headscratch:

·
Registered
5 Posts
John Britten was born from Bruce and Ruvae Britten at Christchurch at 10 minutes to midnight and his sister Marguerite just after midnight, so although they were twins they celebrated their birthdays on different dates. Even in birth he showed he was destined to be "different".
he is very intelligent ... very wonderful and different ...

thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Truly an amazing man and a genius who was taken way too early. Just think of what could have become of the Britten Motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
MANY SHow bikes use the girder suspension... And bmw has something similar... Jw why its not more common... Must be expensive to get it lightweight...?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
MANY SHow bikes use the girder suspension... And bmw has something similar... Jw why its not more common... Must be expensive to get it lightweight...?
That's strange ? your first queston was Quote...

Why is his front suspension design not used today? Not as good or just too expensive?

Now please let me know your answer ?? :tard:

CARBONFIBER might be the answer dude meaning $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well, your kinda right, but not really, they could make it out of aluminum, like telescopic forks...

And then it still might weigh similar to a fork setup...

My first question took into account that forks have come a long way since 95... Maybe new forks r just that much better....

And i still wonder why we dont see more of them... Bmw uses it, but i assume there heavy... Just by the looks of em...

I know some, not all...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not to mention for roadrace guys, the ability to adjust rake and trail for every track you come too might be a big advantage...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts