Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a silver 01 zx12r with 23xxx miles.

Easiest way to derestrict bike? Remove 186 limiter. Do it myself? Send computer to?

Also whats cheapest way to get rev extend? Or overev feature? How high can stock be revved? Whats a good package to get another 1000 rpm? Springs etc? Would this make alot more power without porting and headwork to go with it? Lightweight pistons?

When reading up on how they neuterred the b model 12, i remember trying to see if and how the 2001 a model which i own, differs from the all hail forever 2000 a model... I know the clocks, and the restrictor. But thats all i can say i know for sure. I remember reading something about the ram airs being lower pressure on my bike... So i looked into it and they have the same part numbers on 2000-2001 models... So... How is my 2001 diff from a first year bike? Other than speedo and speed limiter... Clutch is the same right? Not the better b model clutch right?

Stock clutch i think, will open soon to inspect, im a agressive rider, hard launches will happen. Is ks scotts mod enough?
Invest in muzzy clutch basket? Whats the Cheapest best way ?

Link to stock setup for suspension? Or maybe ur personal setup? Preferences? A model obviousely... My settings r not at stock for sure. If anyone has it, a setup for canyon and setup for drag race...? if someone ever did find such settings for a stock suspension.

Has anyone dyno'd a bike before and after kleen air mod? I like backfires on overrun, but not if it cost a true 2 hp....

If i advance the timing 6 degrees like d potters giude... What side effects? Can detonation become a problem on cali 91 pump gas? What is a true gain i can expect? Is this mod to take advantage of good pump gas? Or race gas?

Anyone have a spare set of...
Bear velocity stacks?
Bmc race filters...
Carbon fiber or lightweight rims?
Carbon fiber or fiberglass race fairings?
To sell for a good deal? To a racer on a budget that gets destroyed by having a wife and two kids.. :)

I have stock filters and full muzzy...running muzzy map on pc3usb... Anyone got better map for this setup? My bottom end isnt horrible but its not the best either... But i dont feel its the "best possible" tune

Anyone in the sf bay area ride zx12? Especially if someone races or builds fast zx12 near me. Id be very interested in learning from others experience... The twelve has been a dream of mine since way way back watching shipteey on youtube.... Finally i own one.

Dumb question if shipteey can go 195.6 on pump gas stock motor. I way 190 on a good day. With unlimited room, and derestricted obviousely... Can i even break 190? How about with a custom lsr style tail fairing? Could it do the double ton? Stock engine internals?

Lol i know any of these questions should could be there own thread, but im new and have racked up these questions... Thanks ahead of time.

Extremely Happy new zx12 owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow!
Although I'm no expert on the 12 or long term owner, just last year getting mine but have owned a lot of bikes. I just have to tell you to do your research on here and the web. All your questions will be answered, they were for me and I didn't have to ask any on here. And the myth of the A model faster than the B is horse pucky, unless you consider the top speed only of the 2000 being unrestricted. I live in the land of all busa's around here and taking a stock 2002 12ver to full exhaust, programmer and all the other little things found on here has brought my holy grail busa buddy's to there knee's. My buddy's busa went straight back to the dyno after I walked away from him by 10 bike lengths at the 150mph mark and he was all piped, programmer and etc. Mine has not seen a dyno yet. Up here in the north the 12 is a hidden secret and rare.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The good ol twelve. The path least followed. The path of most resistance? Lol

All these questions have been caused by trolling on this site. These r the questions i cannot answer. The questions a cmg or ks scott would know. Might be able to give me a solid answer to.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wow!
My buddy's busa went straight back to the dyno after I walked away from him by 10 bike lengths at the 150mph mark and he was all piped, programmer and etc.
If you had your buddies Busa by 10 bike lengths @ 150 MPH, his Busa is a piece of shit.

I'm died in the wool zx-12, but that's a fact OR you have some serious mods you are not talking about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you had your buddies Busa by 10 bike lengths @ 150 MPH, his Busa is a piece of shit.

I'm died in the wool zx-12, but that's a fact OR you have some serious mods you are not talking about.
Not sure what to tell you but he was pretty disgusted. He did get 4hp more at the dyno and was around 170hp. Hard to tell in my mirror but the faster we went the farther he disappeared.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Rider difference probably more than the bike. I am sure a gixer would leave me on the 12 in the dust. But ask me if I care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts