Kawasaki World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for aftermarket or custom parts for my zx 12r 2000 reasonably priced and in fair-good condition. pm me with price info and pics please thnx.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i am looking for aftermarket or custom parts for my zx 12r 2000 reasonably priced and in fair-good condition. pm me with price info and pics please thnx.
Your best bet is ebay. Get what prices are going for there with shipping ect about what the parts your looking at are going for. Then make a decision on weather or not your getting a good deal when you find something on the site you might buy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your best bet is ebay. Get what prices are going for there with shipping ect about what the parts your looking at are going for. Then make a decision on weather or not your getting a good deal when you find something on the site you might buy
thanks man i apreciate that. i took my bike in i needed new tires and brake pads its like going to the doctors... you go in thinking one thing and leave needing MUCH MORE! the previous owner was like almost 300 lbs and apparently did burnouts or something..... but your bike is pretty nice.

·
Registered
751 Posts
thanks man i apreciate that. i took my bike in i needed new tires and brake pads its like going to the doctors... you go in thinking one thing and leave needing MUCH MORE! the previous owner was like almost 300 lbs and apparently did burnouts or something..... but your bike is pretty nice.
you couldn't tell it needed tires?

and brakes are pretty common to replace man! well.... and so are tires. Your gonna find they wear down pretty fast.

And what did you want to replace? Thats where you want to start off first
Nobodys gonna help you if you don't say what you need...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you couldn't tell it needed tires?

and brakes are pretty common to replace man! well.... and so are tires. Your gonna find they wear down pretty fast.

And what did you want to replace? Thats where you want to start off first
Nobodys gonna help you if you don't say what you need...lol
well i just got it all replaced. its actually in the shop now. i just need a rear brake pad ill get that next week. this place is charging 34 for the pad and 20 for installation and i want to get new fairings eventually. i need matching screws and bolts because previous owner had screws and bolts missing all over the bike i also am in need of a heat shield because i was riding it one day and the fairing was rubbing the exhaust pipe and it then caught fire and burnt the bottom part of my fairing like the undercarage part. melted it, so i cut it off you cant tell now but i want to replace the fairing. then i want to replace the swing arm and i want to get a rear tire hugger for it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
parts

i have a polished aluminum chain guard with zx12 cut into it. looks chrome will do $30 plus shipping. have a rear shock with chrome spring if anybody is interested. 2 stock rear shocks with red springs. may even have one with yellow spring. set of chrome rear peg brackets no pegs. set of black lowering links. set of stock grey rims. email is best [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah my chain guard is ugly and plastic black. i plan on getting rid of it and get something else like a stainless polished chain guard or a rear tire hugger for my bike its a candy apple red to match my bike. tom i will email you. and thanks ivor for your input. i need some mathcing bolt and screw kits and maybe carbon fiber parts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just bought a 2000 ZX12r too!

I went crazy on ebay too, bought front and rear EBC HH brake pads, shift rod, shift lever, clutch lever, getting new gaskets for the crankcase, a OEM blank key, 4 ngk spark plugs a buying 2 k&n air filters in a minute after I finish this post :mfclap:
Its REAL REAL sticky switching gears (most common reason?? :headscratch: help??) but... after the Repsol full synthetic oil change I did yesterday it helped a little.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have a polished aluminum chain guard with zx12 cut into it. looks chrome will do $30 plus shipping. have a rear shock with chrome spring if anybody is interested. 2 stock rear shocks with red springs. may even have one with yellow spring. set of chrome rear peg brackets no pegs. set of black lowering links. set of stock grey rims. email is best [email protected]
Hi Tom...just emailed you thanks...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do you know if the bike has ever had a custom tune done?? not a base map that you get for the pipe ect. But a real tune on a dyno. That will help wake the bike up alittle and can be done for around $250 to $300. Just be sure the shop knows what they are doing

·
Registered
278 Posts
Was this him

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts