Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my second ZX12r initially had a B2 now have a lovely 2001 A1 to play with. However the old tennis elbow has decreed that I buy an ABM superbike bars kit and that is on order as I type :)
Just a little query...the front 'sidelight' has given up the ghost and will need to be replaced. I havn't a manual as yet, so is it just a question of removing the screen to get at the little blighter? Only asking as I need to know what type of bulb is in there ( long way to my dealers ) so I can have that ready for when I also attack the headstock etc when fitting the ABM kit. I think it is a 194 ( I don't want LED )

Nice to be back in the fold ( after spitting my dummy out re Krappisacky warranty issue on my B2 ) as the ZX12r is a superb bike as is this forum :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
hello fella ,i have the ABM bar conversion complete kit so inc braded lines,top yoke and went for their own bars as opposed to the likes of renthal etc etc,realy pleased with it to be honest and im sure youl like it aswell,gives myself a much better ride position

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, you just have to remove the screen for access to the rear of the light, twist the bulb holder and pull out, it's a push-in 5W bulb, normally called a W5W

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello fella ,i have the ABM bar conversion complete kit so inc braded lines,top yoke and went for their own bars as opposed to the likes of renthal etc etc,realy pleased with it to be honest and im sure youl like it aswell,gives myself a much better ride position
Attached Thumbnails
Just ordered my ABM superbike bars kit....what bulb ?-zx12r-bar-conversion-003.jpg Just ordered my ABM superbike bars kit....what bulb ?-zx12r-bar-conversion-001.jpg Just ordered my ABM superbike bars kit....what bulb ?-zx12r-bar-conversion-010.jpg

I like the look of the bars. Can you still lean into it when you twist the beast! also i couldnt tell but how far do the bar ends stick out past the originals?
Thanks< Ima :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bar kit still on it's way...so spent an hour removing the left lower fairing and renewing the OE oil filter etc. Oil came out was nice and clean and only bastid thing was the grease nipple under the swingarm was a bugger to get up to! Still bulb done and now OE filter and semi 10/40..even lubed the chain !!!! Just awaiting the bar kit then she can be launched :)

Dragon Rally this weekend first on my old airhead :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts