Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post and new to the forums. I've been riding about 9 years have owned many different bikes and am super excited to be the proud owner of this A1 zx12r. My plan is to preserve the bike as is and to ride it! I've already changed the coolant and synced the throttle bodies next up I'm going to perform a valve adjustment and plug change since the bike has 18k miles. The bike has mods but I'm not sure what kind.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The wheels look like the lips were polished not chromed but I could be wrong. Great looking bike looks about as clean as could be for the age and miles. As for the color I'm not sure it's the best but a great example of the mighty A1.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is an excellent looking motorcycle! Beautiful color. I personally like the B model front fender, it is a bit smaller, but it is very nice as it is. Congrats!
Looks like you will be checking out the brake options soon like myself, too ;)

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Very nice! Wheel lips do look polished. The brake lines, mirrors, windscreen, hugger,
front signals, undertail, and bolt on muffler are all aftermarket. I would not change much more on it.
Swap out those frankenstein bolts by the rear seat and you are all set.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
such a pretty yet mean looking bike all at once.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How reliable are these bikes I see a couple of threads on here of people with blown engines. Ide like to put at least another 30 k miles on this one.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
was it shigsy (SP) that put 150 000 on one?? someone must remember...

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Don't exaggerate it was 125,000, and I've told you a million times not to exaggerate !!!!
i couldnt remember! honest:tard:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
OldKneeDragger had like 80K on his the last time I saw it which was about 10 years ago and he rode his like a rented mule.

Even a Toyota Corolla blows an engine once in a while. ;-)

You have the stock header pipe with an aftermarket can - I can't read the make. You front blinkers are aftermarket, and somebody has removed your rear mud flap.

Looks like a clean bike.

Ensure you fill it with the correct amount of oil when you change it, they don't like to be overfilled.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
OldKneeDragger had like 80K on his the last time I saw it which was about 10 years ago and he rode his like a rented mule.

Even a Toyota Corolla blows an engine once in a while. ;-)

You have the stock header pipe with an aftermarket can - I can't read the make. You front blinkers are aftermarket, and somebody has removed your rear mud flap.

Looks like a clean bike.

Ensure you fill it with the correct amount of oil when you change it, they don't like to be overfilled.
they dont like being under-filled a lot more!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
don't exaggerate it was 125,000, and i've told you a million times not to exaggerate !!!!
shiggs got up to 140 something till someone hit him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's good to hear guys!! I love to ride so I don't want to worry about anything. I am thinking about getting a billet clutch basket.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Shiggsy left off at 145,471 miles. And those were British miles, not California miles!:thumbup:

Here's a challenge for you, D. See if you can find a rear seat cowl. That's all you're missing. Enjoy your 12!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts