Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, some of you may think this is a daft question but I just want to check.

Can K&N air filters be fitted to a standard bike without any other modification and would they make any noticeable difference over the stock filters? Also would fitting them upset the fueling without any 'setting up'? :headscratch:

My bike has only 5500 miles on it, it doesn't have a PC, and has a standard exhaust system.

I only ask cos I was going to fit a K&N to my last bike but was told not to without getting it set up on a dyno. That was a Bandit 1200, so has carbs and I'm assuming that would that be the reason not to. If so, with the ZX12 being fuel injection, I'm back to my first question, can they be fitted? :puzzled:

Thanks

Dale

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
It's fine just bang them in and forget about them...grease the edges and your good to go. If they are tight going in do a serch on here for the thread telling you how to modify them. It won't mess anythink up on your bike just changing filters even with an after market can fitted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used Pipercross filters, about the same cost as the K&N's but a perfect fit and if you believe the blurb about the same perfomance gains

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got K&N's in mine.... also have micron serpent system too... but with stock exhaust should cause no problems... gains will be minimal.. but added benifits of no foam decomposing, easier to clean and re-usable... should last a long time if looked after.. :crazyloco:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts