Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friend as a Kawasaki z750s and as been in his moms garage for about 4 years it’s a 2005 model he’s looking at selling it because he needs it gone because his mom is moving out and asked me to try and start it and take to my garage and clean it up for him.It hasn’t been started for 4 years so put a new battery on and topped petrol up with fresh but won’t start,I took tank off and check spark plugs and they spark I injected petrol down a spark plug hole then fired it up and it fires the problem is there is no fuel getting through.This bike is in very good condition once cleaned but I don’t now how injectors work and even tried putting a tube on the pipe were the petrol pipe is and running a large syringe of petrol in but nothing happened as just clutching at straws the bike was brought brand new and as 2500 miles on if anyone can give me any ideas what it could be or recommend a person who can start it I am in the Midlands area Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have to drain all the fuel. Does the fuel pump make a priming noise? If not there are other things to check besides the fuel. Check all the fuses. Look inside the tank for any rust or crud. Clean out and then put an entire bottle of Seafoam in the tank and add two gallons of fuel. Here is a link to the factory repair manual that will show you how to remove the fuel tank and check other items. Also check all fuel hoses, vacuum lines, and fuel tank vents. Just a safety heads up. Do not ride this bike with the original tires being so old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts