Kawasaki World banner

1061 - 1080 of 1575 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
For some reason, his throttle seemed quite a lot more responsive than mine. Mines all adjusted fairly well, but maybe I need a throttle sync done soon.

It was very smooth, but you could just notice that torque missing from the lack of full exhaust.
Suspension actually wasn't too bad after we tweaked it a bit, but still undersprung!
The original Dunlops definitely need to go.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
For some reason, his throttle seemed quite a lot more responsive than mine. Mines all adjusted fairly well, but maybe I need a throttle sync done soon.

It was very smooth, but you could just notice that torque missing from the lack of full exhaust.
Suspension actually wasn't too bad after we tweaked it a bit, but still undersprung!
The original Dunlops definitely need to go.
Cool , just remember your bike has a full system and short stacks , once I did my bike it was never as good and smooth down low but had a big advantage in the high rpm's , all the best to ya and your dad , great to see !!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Cool , just remember your bike has a full system and short stacks , once I did my bike it was never as good and smooth down low but had a big advantage in the high rpm's , all the best to ya and your dad , great to see !!:thumbup::thumbup:
Yep I figured the stacks and exhaust would be the reason why! I've just gotten used to it..

Also - went and talked to the workshop about my chain - he said he'd never ever seen one spit rings out before and he's going to speak to DID for me..

Cheers maximus
:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is mine I just picked up. Full Akrapovic exhaust, yosh ems, bmc filters.

The fairings were trash. All banged up, cracked, missing bolts and worst of all painted with flat black bed liner paint..... Instead of buying new ones I decided to see if I could make these look alright for the time being, I bondoed some spots and re sprayed it with proper satin black paint, came out like this

Along with new gold bolts too! Just need some tank grips and decals. Ill end up getting a new full fairing set eventually but for now I like it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Finally took her for a blast through the South West.

Having a fantastic ride through the South West. All was going well until, header #3 blew out.
The header bolts had come off. Had to limp home. Fix her up strait away, so she ready to go again.

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Nice find Steve, what's the plan for the new one?
Hey Simon, Dad's only plans are to ride and enjoy it!
Probably just wack a new set of Pilot Roads on it.

Btw, hopefully your number 3 valves are ok after the header blow off??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Simon, Dad's only plans are to ride and enjoy it!
Probably just wack a new set of Pilot Roads on it.

Btw, hopefully your number 3 valves are ok after the header blow off??
Hi Steve, Yes all seem good, going for another blast tomorrow to ensure it all good, then offshore for a month. Hope we can catch up for a ride together when I get back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my Yoshi rs-3 three weeks ago and the pipe sounded pretty good but it wasn't what I originally wanted so I cut the pipe down 10 inches and was left with a 8 inch can. I then took of the Yoshi logo on the cut end of the pipe and re riveted it back on the 8 inch can and she looks and sounds mean =D im quite happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here is mine I just picked up. Full Akrapovic exhaust, yosh ems, bmc filters.

The fairings were trash. All banged up, cracked, missing bolts and worst of all painted with flat black bed liner paint..... Instead of buying new ones I decided to see if I could make these look alright for the time being, I bondoed some spots and re sprayed it with proper satin black paint, came out like this

Along with new gold bolts too! Just need some tank grips and decals. Ill end up getting a new full fairing set eventually but for now I like it.
like the satin

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post on Kawasakiworld forum

Yep, it is my first post... or eh, technically my second.
Bought my zx12r 04-model in Germany 6 months ago and drove it home to Norway in a Hiace. Done a few things with it during winter and are now ready to hit the road. Going to race it on the Nurburgring soon and might post a few pics of my trip. For now, here's a pic from the transport to Norway.

1061 - 1080 of 1575 Posts