Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Risky's 2000 ZX-12R bike mods

My bike is green. I have changed the following.Akropovich full system carbon fiber,PC3R,K&N filters,Steel braided brake lines,Corbin Saddle(leather-carbon look),Double Bubble tinted windscreen,Carbon Fiber ram air covers,Carbon Fiber tank insert,Carbon Fiber rear hugger/chain guard,Green Face gauges,Tank bra(leather carbon look),Green 194 bulb in center light,(above the head lights),The black wheels are now powder coated green with polished lips,The one thing that made the biggest improvment in the bike's performance, was getting Kawasaki to change out the factory computer with an updated and unrestricted one. If you live in a high altitude area and you bitch enough you can get your dealer to swap it out for you. It only takes a few minuts to swap out. I have a friend that works at Kawasaki corp. I can get the part # if any one needs it. It was like night and day the differance it made. Your dealer will have to order it in,but it only takes a week.They may not know about the differnt computer, my dealer did'nt. Once I gave them the part number my Buddy gave me it was a piece of cake. I hope this info. helps some of you. I was so unhappy with my bike befor the swap I was going to sell it. I waited over five years sifting through rumors of Kawi making a 12R, that when I saw that it did exsist I had to have one. And when it ran like crap I was heart broken. However that black box swap made everything better and then some.(I had the computer swapped out befor any of the performance mods). Thats all for now, look forward to talking with some of you.
I am curious about the high altitude ecu, did you get a part #?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like you accidentally put the rightside innerfairing cover behind the tankcover there!
Hey rmk, Thanks for the heads up. Have a new rubber barrel nut on order after going to reverse my goof last night... original barrel nut too compressed to fit back in the tank cover. Doh...

1561 - 1576 of 1576 Posts