Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Kawasaki ZX-14 Facebook Page is for anyone who loves the Kawasaki ZX-14. If you are fan of the ZX-14 and you're on Facebook, become a Fan:

Kawasaki ZX-14 | Facebook

And if you have friends on Facebook who also love the ZX-14, use the 'Suggest to Friends' link and let them know about it.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
is it safe to plug or patch a tire for a nail in the center of the tire?
I would suggest a plug as a SHORT TERM fix to get you home. Do NOT, I repeat, NOT leave it and assume it's all good with a plug. A patch is the safest way to go, but the tire will no longer be good for high speeds...well...safe anyways. It will go fast still, but, if it shreds....you was warned.

When I bought my 12, it had a hard as a rock Avon on the back with a plug (did not know this when I bought the bike) which I discovered later when the plug flew out at 90 mph. The tire handled just fine until I slowed to 60...then it was like riding on mashed potatoes. Long as I kept her over 80 it was ok...spooky tho. Shoved 5 more in at the gas station cause the hole was massive and rode it home...wabbly as shit.

Even with a patch....I wouldn't go speeding around. Your life depends on them tires......

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Hi

done see ZZR1400 as an option? iis it part of the ZX14 family?

Rex
ZX-14/14R are ZZR1400. They just call it a ZX to stroke our egos in America....:evil:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Need to know where I can get map for my zx14r . I have full exhaust and PC 5 can't find a map for my combination . Can anyone help??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts