Kawasaki World banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi From E. TN (Near Deals Gap)

I'm new to the forum but not new to Kawasaki--I've had a bunch of them. I'm a retired old-fart but that didn't keep me from getting a new '13 ZX14R a couple of weeks ago. I spent a few days installing the mods in my signature (taking my time and doing it right). The throttle response is 'right now' and smooooooth w/Ivan's Performance Package, map and ECU re-flash. I'm impressed. It handles quite well too for a big bike. :evil: I have only started breaking-in the engine but I can tell it's gonna be fun, fun, fun! Cheers! :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 Special Edition - Dent

Well, I've have had a few different bikes, and picked up this bike new about three weeks ago. This is my first ZX-14, or first Kawasaki for that matter.
Somehow, it managed to get knocked over in my garage as the result of not getting a new Pitbull stand to work out as well as I had hoped. Anyway, the drop didn't do too much damage, but the top of my fuel tank has two smooth indentions. The dent is on the top of my fuel tank. No crease or paint damage.
Have any of you that have had a dent in your fuel tank ever had any success with having dents removed from your fuel tank?

There's no where really where I would take my mortorcycle for body work here in metro New Orleans. My experience, body shops and mechanics do shitty work in this town.
So I ask myself, 'am I better off just dropping $675 and buying a whole new tank and installing it myself? Because our paintless dent removal shop here in town only wants easy jobs. People are lazy in New Orleans and don't want to work. I would be willing to travel to another city though?

So, I looked up a place in Baton Rouge. As long as the weather holds up, I am going to bolt up there in the morning. The local X-A-Dent shop here in New Orleans has some of THE worst customer service bass on my past experiences, plus they think their $hit doesn't stink.
Nope! Not touching my bike!

The fellow I spoke with at Dent Medic of Baton Rouge sounds like he is very experienced with this sort of thing. He was asking questions like where is the location of the fuel pump, because he did want to make sure it was removed before he started poking around inside the tank. The concern of course was that he didn't want any metallic fragmentation siphoned into or blocking the fuel access feeding the fuel pump.
He also said that with the size, position and shape of the indentions, the paint being original paint and not cracking nor creased, that he is going to see if he can pull it out instead.
I feel a lot better knowing that I found someone experienced and recommended in the dent removal business that is optimistic and determined to make the repair.

Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Metal Vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
my 2011 zx14

I have a Yoshimura full
Power commander v race tuned
200 Dunlop. Tire
300watt alpine amp
Two 4 1/2 inch carion speakers
Two 2inch speaker
Gorilla 2017 2 way alarm system
Green and white led neon lights

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2010 ZX14 SE

Hey guys, looks like a nice forum to be a part of.Jus picked up a low mile 010 SE model to replace my crashed 02 ZZr1200.

Minimum mods so far.The 14 already featured some red/white LEDs. I added Aftermarket flip/slide adjust levers,Driven Grips with R&G bar ends. Installed a used set of TwoBro Carbon slips from a 2012 Zx14.
I have a PC3 I acquired from a former 14 owner,but as we're having isp issues here I've been unable to learn everything from how to install to what/which maps to load and of course how to do so. Meanwhile I just try to find time & decent weather to ride as I used the excuse of turning 60 to present myself with the 14 following my July crash!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
008 Zx14 mods
secondary butterflies removed
ecu flashed removed all restrictions
power commander 3 / custom brock map
-1 front +3 rear sprocket
full brock exhaust
bmc race filter
12 oclock labs speeddo healer
brock gas charged drag shock
McIntosh stretched swing arm
progressive front springs

·
Registered
571 Posts

FULL TSUKIGI EXHAUST

RAPIDBIKE MODULE

FLIES REMOVED

186 mph LIMITER RAISED TO 210 mph

GPR STABILIZER

SS BRAKE LINES

PAZZO SHORTY LEVERS

CF DASH PANELS

CF ZX-10 FRONT FENDER

PUIG SCREEN

MUZZY LOWERING LINKS

CUSTOM SEAT

PASSPORT 8500 RADAR DETECTOR

NINJA HEEL GUARDS

FRAME SLIDERS

K & N AIR FILTER

EK ZZZ GOLD CHAIN +1 front sprocket ( 80 MPH actual @ 4000 RPM w/ 190/55 PR 4's) )

HID HEADLIGHTS w/ LED MARKER LIGHTS

THROTTLEMEISTER BAR ENDS

BRAKELIGHT MODULATOR

GIVI HARD PANNIERS

COOCASE TOP CASE

30,000 miles on the way to 1,000,000 ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll put a picture up later

PC 5 with O2 opimiser
Full arkapovic race system including headers
BMC Air filter
ECU Flashed to take off limiters
Pro-Shift PS2R electronic push button gear change (Interrupter for upshifts and a throttle blipper for down shifts)
Electronic push button gear change

Last two was done for my disablity

·
Registered
3 Posts
New female owner, 2013 ZX14R SE ABS

Howdy! I recently bought a used 2013 ZX14R SE ABS and am really enjoying it! I've had lots of bikes over the last 20+ years but my faves were the big sport-touring bikes, so I'm hoping to fall deeply in love with my ZX as the miles roll by.

It's currently mostly stock, with Yosh R77 slipons, tail tidy and aftermarket windscreen. I just bought a Givi trunk adapter and will add PLX cases to make it a real SPORT tourer. Have lots of goodies to install, bar risers and heated grips and radar detector connector, etc. Oh, and I need to find a paint shop once it's all together, to replace those green stripes with hot pink ones, and add sparkles too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 ZX14R ABS - ABSOLUTELY love it!!!!!
1900 miles
Full Akrapovič exhaust (dealer installed out of crate)
Pazzo Kawasaki green levers, Shogun front frame sliders...
No other mods yet...looking at
Hotbodies undertail and Pyramid hugger...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought my first ZX-14 a couple days ago. I live in Sarasota, FL and the bike is in MN. I am SO excited and can't wait to have it delivered. I think it's a very special bike and will turn heads here like no other bike. I am drooling to see and ride this beast. I sold my R1 for this.

It's a 2013
Monster Edition
Custom parts (cosmetic) everywhere
Slightly stretched
Seat has lit logos
Windshield has lit custom logo
Lowered 2 inches
Dual M4 Exhausts
200 rear tire
LED lights throughout

I'll post some pictures when it gets here.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts