Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here the pics of it.... Basically block off everything else..... There is a little vaccum line that goes to the throttle bodies I connected it from one throttle bodie to the other instead of blocking it off... You will see it if you do this.... I used the same hoses with this mod...
Heres the pics... If you need bigger pics email me...

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
How are you actully venting the crank? The blow by off the rings
needs to escape out of the crankcase...I understand that we don't
want to try to re-bun that stuff, but how are you letting the pressure
out if you block off everything....

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll see if I explain this right... Pressure comes out of the crankcase thru the vent tube and into the top of the motor where it pass's thru the reeds... Acting like a one way valve.....

Instead of letting the pressure off the crankcase go back to the airbox like stock it goes to where the kleen air was thru the reeds on top the motor.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
crankcase venting

If i understand engines a lil bit,the idea is if you relieve some crankcase pressure,ring seal is improved.race cars years ago started this with the crankcase evac systems i.e. hoses from the valve covers to the header collectors.Nowadays it is more complex...like belt driven vacuum pumps,along with gas ported pistons i.e.when the piston crown has lil holes drilled in it to have compression pressure push a low tension ring against the cylinder wall to reduce parasitic drag with a low tension ring and to have the sealing of a conventional ring .also the vacuum pump makes negative crankcase pressure to further aid ring seal..not perfect...but my 2 cents

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats pretty much the idea..... The way I understand it....

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just posted a link to this in the other post but you beat me dammit.... :lol: Gonna have to put the computer on the juice....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts