1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I got this Widebandcommander that I gonna put on my -00 zx12r to get ome info
for tuning.
But what to do with this KLEEN air stuff.Will it mess up the reading?
Shall I leave it or plug it or something?

Thanx!'

/N

·
Registered
25,360 Posts
Hi everyone!

I got this Widebandcommander that I gonna put on my -00 zx12r to get ome info
for tuning.
But what to do with this KLEEN air stuff.Will it mess up the reading?
Shall I leave it or plug it or something?

Thanx!'

/N
Remove the KLEEN air plumbing, and use block-off plates!! :thumbup::thumbup:

You should do that anyway, as it cleans up the idle & reduces/eliminates the backfiring on decel... :squint::squint:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
the kleen air crap injects air into the exhaust allowing unburned exhaust gasses to burn more completely and therefore have less emmisions. that causes a wideband O2 sensor to read way lean. junk it all for the above mentioned block offs

·
Registered
141 Posts
the kleen air crap injects air into the exhaust allowing unburned exhaust gasses to burn more completely and therefore have less emmisions. that causes a wideband O2 sensor to read way lean. junk it all for the above mentioned block offs
What do you do with the hose to the crankcase if you use the block-off plate's?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Take the hose with you to Home Depot or Loews. Go into the Plumbing aisle and find you a 1 3/4 ? screw down drain plug (bolt). Take that plug and twist it into the leftover hole. You'll have a small inlet hole left from the other (small) hose. cap it off with a rubber pvc cap.

((I hope I didn't confused you.))

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok,thanx guys!:clap: That was what I though too.

Anyone know a place to find those plates?or a ready kit with plugs and shit?
I live in a smaller city in sweden so i guess I have to order everything anyway.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
ZX12R
Click above they sell over here in the UK, I got mine from them good service etc, a lot cheaper in the USA, but things nearly always are...rip of UK.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
the hose connect to the air box, so nothing is required to be done. you do however have to block the hole in the air box that the hose on the kleen air pump was connected to.

if someone had done the "crank case vent mod" the hose from the crank case would have been routed to the valve cover. in this case run it back to its original location on the back of the air box, or to a "puke tank" or put a breather/filter on it. DO NOT restrict(or worse block) this hose or you will blow seals at high rpm(i had a very restrictive filter on at one time, so i know..)

as far as cheap block off plates, its very easy to make your current plates into block offs. take them off, remove the hoses and fill the hole(in the plate) with JB weld or have them welded shut, or tap and screw in a NPT plug. personally i have Muzzy block offs cause i found a set second hand and they are pretty:thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fixed the KLEEN stuff to day and mounted all the Widecommander stuff.
Just a clutch change then out for some mapping.:crazyloco:

Any any one used a wideband O2 for mapping and what result did you get?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
result was a smoother ride and correct AFR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read some guys saying not to trust a O2 sensor as air gets trapped in the exhaust or leaking over from inputvalve to output valve in the cylinder.
Resulting in way lean reading.Is this true??

·
Registered
884 Posts
if you put the o2 sensor inside the frame at right driver footpeg and either block off the kleen or do the crank case mod you will get a good reading. if you are in a hurry just find a way to block off the big tube going to the valve some how so it can not get fresh air. you can also just pull the vacume hose from the diaphram of the valve (block the vacume tube with something) and it will stay closed. that will make a good difference but may allow a little air in but not much to none. vacume opens the kleen for emitions. pulling a lot of throttle dumps vacume and it closes. i spent last summer adjusting my ecu and i found out the issues with the kleen.(sometimes i seen 19.0 to 1 afr. no way it is running that lean. now the bike falters about 15.5 or so. it shutters around 11.0 to 1 or high 10s to 1.
enjoy

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
try 12.7:1 AFR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts