Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there any adventure riders out there, my spouse and I are considering getting bikes for adventure touring, so we are considering the KLR 650, Susuki DR 650, or the BMW GS1200 Adventure.

Is there any adventure tourers out there with experience with these bikes? I have been doing a great deal of reading so I was hoping to get a good discussion going. I have no feelings other than the BMW is pricey. Other than that I like all three...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey is there any adventure riders out there, my spouse and I are considering getting bikes for adventure touring, so we are considering the KLR 650, Susuki DR 650, or the BMW GS1200 Adventure.

Is there any adventure tourers out there with experience with these bikes? I have been doing a great deal of reading so I was hoping to get a good discussion going. I have no feelings other than the BMW is pricey. Other than that I like all three...
At the end of last summer i bought a honda 97, XR650L. I missed trail riding, dirt, fire roads. As we know the zx12r is not to good even on nice gravel roads. the xr650l is better off road than the klr (Friend has a klr), but after 150mi in the seat your ready to get off. the klr is better on road though. Here's a good thread on avrider about the Trans America Trail.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422414

1 - 6 of 6 Posts