Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got laid off today...

I'll be moving back home to Lafayette, IN in a week or so. Bad part about that is that there are no twisties around that area. That's going to suck.

As far as my motorcycle hobby goes, well that may have to be put on hold for a while. Depending on how things turn out, I may have to sell my 12. I'm still making payments on the thing. Bad thing about that is that I owe more on the bike then what I can get out of it.

As far as the Job is concerned, I'm not too disappointed to see it go. I didn't care too much for the job and I'm kind of relieved that I'm out of there. I've been thinking about moving on for a while. All they've done is make the decision for me, and make me eligible for unemployment.

Nevertheless is still sucks to get canned...

Don't know if I'm going to try to stay in engineering. I may try something else...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Sorry to hear that... My ball and chain got laid off in March and it isn't nice out there... Good luck

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Sorry to hear that T^2. What engr. discipline and what type of work do you do?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
phuk dude!!!!!

another job and another bike.....

press on and remember what you can have again!!!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Sorry to hear about your job. My life had plenty of ups and downs and I know there are more to come. But as long as we have our health.... don't sweat the little shit... it always works out somehow and life keeps going on.

·
4,208 Posts
as long as ya have health ansd family support thats all that matters.......Plus don't forget we are like a dysfunctional family here as well......Best of luck...Brian

G

·
0 Posts
You never know how things are going to turn out. Could be the best thing that ever happened to you. I'm sure things will turn out fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Best of luck in finding new employment that suits you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
layed off

I got layed off again on Fri.,but the 12's staying.
when I lost my previous job,it was the best thing that could have happened to me.I came across a much better one.Keep it til ya absolutely have to get rid of it.Things change/happen very quickly sometimes.It would suck to look back and see that you could have kept it after all.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Keep Your Chin Up

Hey I live down in INDY. If you want to ride sometime let me know. Keep your chin up until then.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sucks bout the job , as they say , theres a reason for everything, something better round the corner.

I'm in NW Indiana also.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You don't work for Qwest do you? I have been hoping to get laid off, they laid off like 17,000 employees and do you think I could be one, hell no. I hate my job and thought if I did get laid off I will bilk the unemployment for a while, and take time to find a job I really like, but no luck. Good luck, if you can, keep the 12R and try to find what you really want for a job. Life is too short to be miserable at your job, since you spend half your life there. My wife loves her job, I am so damn envious!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts